Chapter 22: New Years

It was currently the last day of the year. In this world, they don't celebrate Christmas, but they do enjoy the festivities of the New Year.

It has been four months since Felix arrived in this world. Since he arrived in late September, now it is the end of December.

All the people in the village were busy buying the ingredients for the New Year's Dinner.

And of course, Felix Family wasn't the exception.

Since New Year's was a festivity meant to spend it with your family, the party was going to be held on Rowens house since it was way bigger than Felix's old house.

In there, Mother Rosie, Ruth and Anne were busy in the kitchen preparing all the dishes for tonight.

Meanwhile, Rowen was taking care of little Iris. She was a sensible girl. Didn't cause much trouble. She was like an innocent doll that kept watching you wherever you went.

Father Lewis and Rowen Father were playing chess on the porch.

Ruth had told the two old men to not stay in the cold for too long, but the old fathers were too stubborn to listen.

Felix was currently with Rowen keeping company little Iris.

As for Fang Yu and Miles?

They were having a good quality time together.

Little Iris was still too young to move, so she could only see what was in front of her. Felix had a jingle bell on his hand. Little Iris was laughing happily as she heard the sounds of the bells.

Looking at the cute bear ears that moved with the sound, Felix's heart melted.

Qiu that was by Felix side said. <Is cute and all, but I think that rabbit cubs are better. >

Paying no mind to the system words, the sound of Miles came from the front yard. "We are here!"

Behind him, was Henry and Fang Yu that has helping Pathon walking.

Felix gave the jingle bell to Rowen and went to say hi.

"Henry, Mr. Pathon! I'm glad you made it!"

"Don't say that, we are happy to have been invited. Here, I brought some bread right out of the oven." Henry delivered the good smelling bread to Felix.

Some Days before the dinner, Delis had asked Mother Rosie if he could invite Henry and his dad to come over.

In recent days, he had developed a very good relationship with the hamster omega. And felt that it wasn't good to let the pair of father and son pass the festivities all by themselves.

He knew the feeling. Back in this world, he saw how happy families were celebrating together. But he, an orphan, could only eat a tiny piece of turkey by himself.

Looking at the bright side, Henry still had his dad by his side.

Pathon joined Father Lewis and Rowen Father to play chess.

Meanwhile, Henry went to help the ladies in the kitchen.

On the other side, Fang Yu and Felix were setting the table.

Looking at the happy ears on top of Felix's head, Fang Yu asked. "Are you in a good mood?"

"Um."

Fang Yu was about to say something when Mother Rosie called for Felix to go to the kitchen.

As the evening passed, soon it was dinner time.

All the dishes were on the table. Some white rice, salad, Henry's bread, hot chocolate and tea and the star of the night a very delicious turkey. (Courtesy by the hunter Fang Yu).

Everyone sat by the table. Everyone eats happily, eating, chatting, laughing. The atmosphere was as joyful as it could be.

As everyone started to finish their dinner, they still kept talking. Felix, who had eaten more than usual, felt full. So he got up and went to the porch to get some cool air.

Felix stood in front of the garden. The world was white, covered in snow. Snowflakes were falling, looking up, the sky was full of stars, too much to count. Felix didn't know if there were the same constellations as back on Earth, but the starry sky was beautiful.

Fang Yu slowly approached Felix. The boy was looking at the moon. The white porcelain skin looked even prettier under the moonlight. The ears on top of his head looked so fluffy that Fang Yu wanted to rub his face with them.

The red colored eyes were full of light. Like some magic was in them.

"You know, I couldn't imagine that thing would turn out this way. So much had happened during so little time." Felix suddenly said.

"You bet. I didn't know that I would have to take care of a little rabbit." Fang Yu responded as he looked back at the sky.

Felix laughed, then silence arrived. Nobody talked. The atmosphere was peaceful. The house was full of laughter, the sky was full of stars and even though it was currently winter, some spring air could be felt.

Suddenly, a shot ring star passed across the heavens.

"Quickly, make a wish." Fang Yu closed his eyes and his front furrowed as he thought seriously about his wish.

Felix followed suit and also closed his eyes.

The past few months cross his mind. All the things that he always wished for and even didn't know that he wanted, seem to have already come true.

He never thought that he could be this happy. He passed from be a lonely and tired salary man to a cheerful boy, with a happy family and a perfect future husband.

Ah also, the best rabbit system friend.

So the only wish he had was the one he sent to the shooting Star.

Please let me have a peaceful and happy life in this world. Together with Fang Yu.

The shooting star passed. Felix and Fang Yu open their eyes. They both meet their gaze and laugh happily.

"Boys, come inside, I don't want to spend New Years taking care of people with a cold." Mother Rosie's called inside the house.

Before entering, Felix asked curiously. "What did you wish for?"

Fang Yu grabbed Felix hand with a smirk, he said. "Bad boy. If you say out loud. It won't come true."

"Tch, Stingy"

<I wish for rabbit cubs! A lot of rabbit cubs!> Qiu said happily.

Ignoring the cute system, Felix little didn't know that his system wish was very similar as for one tall man beside him.