Chapter 39: Back at Home

"My prince, we have arrived." The coachman notify Fang Yu as the carriage entered the Imperial City. The big walls were wide enough to cover the whole city in a perfect circle shape. The big building were more gather in the center of the city, red lights were hanging on the walls and ceiling of the houses and the commercial street was busy as always. Fang Yu looked at his homeland that he had been apart with coldness in his eyes. He had to hurry from the frontier to the Imperial City, normally it would have taken six days to arrive but with almost no rest at all, he managed to arrive in just four days.

He didn't know how it had happened, but in one second he was enjoying an afternoon trip with his wife, in the next he was standing there all alone. At that moment, all his world came to a stop, it was like time had frozen, and he was standing there without understanding how that had happened. Then all was a mess inside his brain, leaving Sun Flower City and his trip back to the Imperial Capital were all irrelevant in the eyes of Fang Yu.

As the carriage got into the inner city, all the civilians were curious about the golden carriage, running in flames into the walls of the imperial castle. Surely, someone had already sent a letter of notice, since the guards on the main gate didn't hesitate to open the huge wooden door allowing the carriage to enter directly.

Soon, the carriage stopped in front of the red walls of the imperial castle. Huge pillars were in the front yard, in the center massive and long stairs leading to the top front where some massive bit glorious carved jade doors were imposing and showing the magnificence of the castle.

On the ground, in front of the entrance, several maids were waiting in a line with an old eunuch with dog ears in the center.

Once the carriage had stopped, a guard quickly stepped out and opened the door of the vehicle. "Welcome home, your highness. We have been waiting for you."

"It's nice to see you too, Gou Kan." The old man was named Gou Kan. He was an old eunuch that had been in charge of the royal highness since young. Looking like an imposing man who had become Gou Kan had a faint smile on his face. Without waiting too long, he simply led the way.

They soon entered the magnificent palace, most of the walls were covered in gold details and ornaments on the huge white pillars. As they were walking through the halls of the palace, they passed a big red door, the hall of the king where the emperor's chair was located, but since Fang Yu knew that his little brother had put his father under house arrest, it was most likely that his honorable father wasn't inside. After a few minutes walking, and having all the gazes of the maids and man servants on his back, Fang Yu finally entered another room that was designated as the council meeting palace.

Inside, the minister of war, Gu Fong, the primer minister You Long , his little brother was waiting for him besides another man that Fang Yu couldnt recognize.

The second prince of the Spear Empire was always compared with his older brother as day a night, meanwhile the crown prince was tall, sturdy, handsome and confident, Fang Li was more timid in nature. By any means he wasnt good-looking, the face of the omega second prince was one of the most gorgeous faces that you could find. Even a lot of nobles were wishing to take his hand in marriage. But ever since Fang Yu had memory, Fang Li was always an introverted, he never had the enthusiasm to join any meetings or care about the state. Of course, it wasnt just his negligence that he didnt participate in such affairs, the delicate prince had always been in bad health, so he was raised as the pamper prince that he didnt have to meddle in this country affairs. But the young man that Fang Yu had in front of him didnt looked like that brother on his memories. The Fang Li that was stat on the main chair looked more mature and responsible, with an annoyed looked if he may add, but the timid prince was nowhere to be found.