Chapter 13: Business

"Give me another one!"

"I want two more!"

"Wow, this is really good!"

On Moon Village, the villagers were very excited. All the pedestrians were on the commercial streets even in the cold weather. But they didn't even care, thanks to the new drink stall that was set up a few days ago.

Like a week ago, Felix was using the kitchen under the strict supervision of Mother Rosie. Heaven knows how frightened she was when her youngest said that wanted to use the kitchen. Also, he wanted to cook those bitter seeds!

But no matter how she tried to persuade Felix, at the end she could only watch as he made some kind of brownish drink.

At first, all White Family and Fang Yu included were very anxious about Felix making that brownish drink. What if it was poisonous? But to be fair, the ingredients that Felix asked weren't that bizarre. Apart from the bitter seeds, Felix asked Mother Rosie for milk and honey. Felix originally wanted to use sugar, but it seems that in this time sugar was a luxury that only people with money could afford, so honey was the best next option. Felix had one idea when he saw the cacao beans. Now that winter was almost upon us, the people would want something hot to drink. Of course there is always the boil water and the good old tea, but Felix had a severe case of sweet tooth, so the tasteless water and the teas weren't enough for him. He was accustomed to the sweet hot chocolate. Now that he had the cacao beans, it wasn't just a dream anymore!

Fortunately, these cacao beans were much softer than the ones back on earth. So Felix took a stone mortar that was basically like a Mexican molcajete, so he could grind up the cacao beans. Later, the chocolate powder was added to the milk and some honey...and it was ready! A perfect chocolate milk.

To the people of a small and far town, this new sweet flavor was something that they never tested before. It was more popular with the kids, but the grown-ups would also enjoy some sweet and warm drink during the cold days.

After Fang Yu and the White Family tasted the drink, they were very surprised.

It was so good!

Never, in their wildest dreams, they would have thought that those bitter seeds could make something so delicious.

The next thing that they knew was that Felix wanted to sell the drink in the town. So Miles and Father Lewis bought some wood and built a wooden cart, so Felix could make business on the commercial street. On the other hand, Fang Yu went to the northernmost part of the forest to collect more cacao beans for the drinks, meanwhile Mother Rosie and Felix stayed at home to make more hot chocolate and try other ingredients to make more variations. Unfortunately, Anne, who was pregnant, couldn't help much, so she only cheered on the side.

Days later, Felix took Fang Yu to the commercial street to sell the hot chocolate. At first, there weren't many people interested in trying the drink made by the bitter seeds. It wasn't very appetizing. But that was before Aunt Susan and Aunt Vilma had a say.

"Oh my! Little Fel this is so good!" Aunt Vilma said as she had the wooden cup on her hand. Even in the cold weather, the hot drink at hand felt very warm.

"Yeah! This is the best thing that I had in ages!" Aunt Susan said. She was skeptical at first with the drink. But now she was very happy with this weird brownish drink

So, with the influence of the two gossip aunties, the excellent flavor of the drink made by Felix was known by all the people on Moon Village.

...

Fang Yu was helping Felix taking care of the wooden cart. Now that it's been two weeks since they started to sell the hot chocolate, fewer people came to buy it like in their first days, but it was still very popular.