Chapter 29: The Wrong Way

"Ah...marriage. Wish you happiness..." Felix said for instinct. But then his brain caught up with Henry's words and finally reacted.

"Huh!? M-marriage? With whom? When?" They only met Smiley some weeks ago, when did those two become so familiar with each other? Fang Yu was also surprised, but he was more calm than the ear rabbit boy. After all, as an Alpha, he understood when another Alpha is chasing an Omega.

"With Smile... I mean, Chester, I guessed. He made his proposal one day after Fang Yu was sent unconscious."

"But you only have him for what? A month? You can marry a man you just met!"

"Actually..."

The story goes like this. It happens that Smiley and Henry had already met four years ago. Back then, Henry's father was still alive. One day, Henry and his father were coming back from a trip when they encountered a younger version of Smiley.

The mischievous cat was only a teenager back then, his clothes were ripped and torn. No one would have thought that the boy came from a noble family. Henry's father was known for being kind-hearted, so he stopped his trip and asked the teenager if he needed any help.

The youngster explained that he was on a journey with his parents when some bandits attacked them and got separated, as a result he got lost in the woods. Then, Henry's father invited him back to Turtle Village and offered that he could stay in his house until his parents went looking for him.

The twelve-year-old Henry was very curious about the new big brother. But as he was from the hamster race, he was a little scared of the blue cat.

During his stay, Smiley and Henry became good friends. It was nice to have a playmate since his parents (Henry's) were always busy with the shop.

One morning, Smiley was eating on the grass on a hill of the first with little Henry. Looking at the tiny, cute hamster, the mischievous cat couldn't help but teased.

"Little thing, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

The young Henry stood up, crossed his tiny arms, put out his chest and said proudly "I'm going to be a big boss! I'm going to be in charge of daddy's shop!"

"Oh? But you're so tiny, how can you be a big boss?"

"I'm going to grow!" Said tiny Henry angrily. His hamster checks that still had some cake were puffing. Very cute.

"Really? You know I am already a big boss."

"You are?!" The tiny mind of the hamster quickly left the topic of his height and became interested in Big Brother's backstory.

"Of course''." Putting a cunning smile, Smiley came near Henry's ear and whispered "This is secret, but I'm going to open a big shop in town, in there everyone would have to listen."

"Amazing!" The eyes of the young were full of admiration and envy. "Our shop is good but is a little small..."

"But you know, if you do a tiny thing, you could also be a big boss."

"What!? What do I need to do? I will do anything!" the hamster happily offered, without thinking about the consequences.

"Really? Anything?"

"Yes! I want to be big and powerful!"

"Well, then. The only thing you need to do is to be my bride. Then all I have will be yours. Of course, you will be the boss."

"Bride? What's that?" asked the hamster innocently. After all, the small child didn't know a lot of words, and the term bride was new for him.

"Oh, it's a very simple thing. It means that you have to be with me and play with me forever." The cat said nonsense with a straight face.