Chapter 19: Bakery

In front of Fang Yu and Felix was an old house. If they didn't ask Aunty Vilma and Aunty Susan beforehand, they would think that they went to the wrong place. The structure was old and there were some cracks on the walls. 

Felix and Fang Yu went inside. And in the room, some old tables, chairs,  a counter, and more importantly there was some bread on the baskets in the counter table.

“Hello, is anyone here?” Felix said loudly. Because beside the two of them, there was no one else in the room. 

“Coming!” The sound of a young voice was heard from the back room. The door behind the counter table opened and a young beastman came out. 

“Hi? Do you want some bread?” The beastman was a teenager, from its looks, he maybe was the same age as Felix. He had very colorful orange hair and a pair of round ears on top of his head, it looked like hamster ears. He also had some freckles on his face. Looking at the bags under the brown eyes of the boy, even if he had a smile on his face, everyone could see that he was very tired.

“Yeah, some Aunties recommend the bread of your place. Can we have two loaves of bread, please?” 

“Oh! You should be talking about Aunty Vilma and Aunty Susan.” The boy stopped for a second looking at Felix and then at Fang Yu, and like a light bulb lighting on his head, an idea came to his mind. “Are you Felix and Fang Yu?”

This time, Felix and Fang Yu were surprised, so they could help but asked. “Do you know us?”

The boy only laughed a little, the tone was mocking, just like a silly child remembering something funny. “Yeah. Aunty Susan said that a troublemaker rabbit had finally found a good husband. She said that he was tall, handsome  and full of vigor, it was a good catch.”

Fang Yu wasn't surprised that the two aunties with loose mouths would mention them, but what caught his attention was “Full of Vigor?” What was that word related to him?

“Well, she said that you two had fun for several days, and that she was going to sew some clothes for the upcoming baby.”

“Coff Coff” Felix, he choked on his own saliva, hearing that. 

That pair of gossipers! So shameless!

But Fang Yu wasn't embarrassed at all. He remained calm, like hearing the most natural within the world.”

Noticing Felix's embarrassment, the boy didn't tease him anymore. So he smoothly changed the topic. “ Sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet, I'm Henry. Welcome to my humble bakery.” 

“Nice to meet you, too.” Felix said with gentleness. Maybe it was the air around Henry, but he was very sympathetic about him.

“Well, some bread is coming!” Grabbing the pieces of bread that Fang Yu ordered, Henry grabbed it and put it on a brown bag. 

“Thanks.” Fang Yu took the bag. He wanted to ask Henry, but some hesitation was inside him. Looking around the shop, the question could almost answer itself, but he still wanted to confirm it, even if it was kinda ruthless to ask a person you just met. But for his and Felix's plans, he wanted to ask anyway. “Sorry to ask, but…”

“Ahhh!” But before Fang Yu could finish his question, a strong sound could be heard from behind the shop. Hearing the sound, Henry's face changed, from his tired smile to a panicked appearance. 

“Sorry, give me a sec.” Without waiting for Felix or Fang Yu to answer, Henry quickly ran inside the room behind the counter. Felix and Fang Yu looked at each other and decided to follow.

On the other side of the room was the kitchen. Even if it was a little old, it was well maintained. A table was in the middle of the room with some ingredients on it. Also, there were cupboards and shelves on the walls. There was even a sink and a pantry. But more importantly, the star of the room was the big stone oven at the corner. Felix could be very happy with all the equipment here, it would be very necessary to make his new recipes.