Chapter 16: Hand In Marriage

After the storm passed, the next morning, Miles and Father Lewis went out to search for Felix. Yesterday, when Miles came back smelling like  a piece of garbage, Mother Rosie had helped him wash with the tomato juice and thanks to that the smell went away. During that, Miles explained that Fang Yu would bring Felix later.

Of course, Mother Rosie didn't have any objection. After all, he was hoping that the two boys could spend more time together. Father Lewis on the other hand didn't look so happy with the idea. They waited in the house until the rain started to fall down. Father Lewis and Miles were getting impatient until they heard a knock at the door. They thought that Felix was back, but to their surprise it was a villager called Tony.

“Sorry to bother you, Mr.White. I just wanted to tell you that Fang Yu and little Fel should already be almost back. I went ahead of them, but it wasn't very far. It is just that little Fel got tired, and they stopped for a while, so he could rest.” After that, Tony left, and Father Lewis got a little relieved. He just hoped it wouldn't take so long in the rain.

At the beginning, it was only a small drizzle, but soon became a savage storm. At this point, all the people at Felix house were very worried. They looked out of the window, and it looked like the rain wasn't going to stop anytime soon. 

Miles wanted to go out to search for Felix, but Mother Rosie stopped him. “What are you going to do? Looking blindly under the heavy rain? Tony said that they were very near the village. It is more likely that they went to Fang Yu house to shelter from the rain. Just let it be, we could search for them on the morning.”

But how could Miles be willing? His cute little brother was walking directly towards the lions' den. But he couldn't go against his mother's order. So he looked at Father Lewis, hoping that he could say something on his behalf. But what he saw was that his father, that wife slave, couldn't move a finger under Mother Lewis glare.

Heaven knows that neither Father Lewis nor Miles could fall asleep all night. They were keeping up with their thoughts. Especially Father Lewis, he had a very bad feeling inside his heart. He could only ask the heavens that it wasn't like he thought.

But facts proved that maybe the heavens didn't hear Father Lewis' words. When it dawned, the first thing that Miles did was to get up, even without breakfast, and went directly towards Fang Yu’s house. Father Lewis and Mother Rosie were behind him. Of course, the old couple couldn't match the speed of their son that was at his prime. So when the elders arrive in front of Fang Yu’s house, they encounter his eldest son looking at the closed door with a face black as coal.

Mother Rosie didn't know why Miles had the face like he was going to murder someone. After all, she, like Father Lewis, were betas. But Miles was different. He was an alpha, so he naturally smells the strong pheromones inside the house. It was so strong that the neighbors, like Tony, already knew what was happening inside there. And even Father Lewis that was beta could slightly smell it.

“This beast! He is eating my son!” Father Lewis said angrily when he understood the situation. He was so infuriated that the vein on his head looked like it could explode at any moment. 

Miles wasn't looking very good either, he was going to knock down the door, just to be stopped by Mother Rosie. “Miles stop it. I know how you and your father feel. But what can you do, know? It has already started. Probably yesterday. We can't separate them now. It could be dangerous for the two of them. Now, the only thing that he can do is wait.” 

Even if he knew that his mother was right. Miles still wanted to get inside and grab his little brother out of the hands of that big bad wolf. But he could only grit his teeth and left the place.

It wasn't until five days later that the heat inside Fang Yu’s house subsided. Felix was sleeping soundly on the bed. Fang Yu already went to grab some clean water from the well. Of course, some people were gossiping when they looked at him. But he couldn't care less. He now had a sweetheart to take care of.