Chapter 17: The Power Of Gossip

In the living room of the White family house, Felix and Fang Yu were trapped in a dilemma. 

How to make 100 gold coins?

Felix didn't have a very good idea of money yet, but 100 coins were able to maintain the family of five for two years! The hot chocolate business was doing alright, but it was still unable to make that quantity.

Felix had tried to convince his father to reduce the total sum, but Father Lewis was too stubborn to change his mind.

Fang Yu was even more frustrated. He didn't remember much before coming to Moon Village, he only knew that he was penniless. Now he was doing fine thanks to his multiple jobs, but it was still lacking to have a stable income.

Looking at the economic crisis, Felix decided to accelerate his plans. Before, he was thinking of taking his time to open his shop on the commercial street. But now, he wanted to get married to Fang Yu as fast as possible, so he needed to make more money now. So he needed more products besides the hot chocolate.

The first idea was brownies. It was easy to make, and the main ingredients were available. He also had other recipes in mind, but Felix had two problems. First, there was an ingredient that was hard to obtain. 

And it was sugar.

Sugar was a delicacy in this world. Only nobles or rich people were able to obtain it. And a lot of desserts needed sugar to be made. 

The second problem was the location. The commercial street was fine. But it was only a small section to do business, after all Moon Village was a very remote town. Even if they make more products, it will be hard to obtain more customers.

Hearing his concerns, Fang Yu suggested. “Then, why don't we go to Turtle Town? There's a lot more people there.

Turtle Town was two hours away in an ox cart from Moon Village. Every day, one villager would use his ox cart to charge trips to the town. Turtle Town was more lively than this provincial village. There, a lot of businesses were running. One of them was the restaurant that was also selling hot chocolate. So, in other words, Turtle Town was more suitable to open a shop than in Moon Village, but unlike the street where Felix and Fang Yu used a tiny cart to sell their chocolate, it would be very hard to bring it all the way to the town. Besides, Felix's goal was to open a shop, not a street stall.

Fang Yu and Felix discussed, and they decided that tomorrow they would go to Turtle Village to see and look for a suitable place to open the shop. Now, with the money that they got from the hot chocolate, it wasn't impossible to rent a tiny stall with a kitchen and tables.

The next morning Fang Yu arrived at Felix house and then both of them went to the plaza where the ox cart was waiting. 

This was the first time that Felix rode an ox cart. But thankfully, he didn't get any dizziness. 

“Oh Little Fel, Fang Yu, what a coincidence. Are you going to the town too?” 

Felix noticed that Aunty Vilma and Aunty Susan were also on the cart. 

“Hello, aunties. Yes, Fang Yu and I are going to play around.” Felix greeted respectfully with a smile. 

“Oh, that's nice. Young new couples should spend some quality time cultivating feelings.” Said Aunty Vilma, even if there wasn't any evil intention, you still felt that this sentence was full of the desire to gossip. 

Looking around, all the passengers were old acquaintances from his small hot chocolate business. Felix got a little embarrassed, after it looked like the news of Fang Yu and him was already an open secret. 

“Bah, don't embarrass the poor boy. You always like to meddle in people affairs. I already told you to stop gossiping.” The man besides Aunty Vilma said. Even if he was reprimanding Aunty Vilma, his tone was very soft and gentle, one could tell that he wasn't mocking Aunty Vilma at all. 

As expected, Aunty Vilma didn't get angry, only said with a little pouting and said “I'm just happy that the little rascal finally found a good partner. After all, just a few months ago he was still pretending that he was a wizard with the children of the village.” 

All the people in the cart knew each other, and of course remembered the scene of Felix using a stick as a wand waving spells in the air. Looking at the funny memories, all laught, even the cart rider did. 

Felix's face was full of embarrassment. Even if he wasn't the one who did it, the memory was still in his mind. Fang Yu beside him only placed his hand over Felix and with eyes full of carrying, slowly approached Felix ear and said whispering “Perhaps, did you launch me a love spell? Because I fell for you.” 

Felix got even more red. When did Fang Yu learn these catchphrases? 

You rascal! 

The people in the cart kept chatting for a while, then Aunty Susan said back to Felix. “So little Fel, are you going on a date with Mr Fang Yu here?” Just like her sister, she also wanted the juicy details. 

Looking at Felix, Fang Yu responded in his place “We are looking for a stall to open a shop in the commercial district.” 

“Oh, are you going to sell your drink in town too?” Said Aunty Vilma. 

“Well, Fel and I just have the idea, nothing is for sure yet. We are going to browse around first to see the general situation.” 

The men besides Aunty Susan nodded like he was agreeing with Fang Yu. Recalling his memories, Felix knew that this man was Aunty Vilma's husband, Archie. “That 's good. To tell you the truth, Tuttle Town is a very good place to do business, it is just that” Archie sighed a little and continued “Some have better luck than others.” 

Both Felix and Fang Yu felt that there was a hiding meaning in these words. 

Aunty Susan's gossip spirit activated and gave the information before they could ask for more details. “You are talking about little Henry, right?” 

Aunty Vilma following suit said “A poor child, he is the only omega in the family and has to take care of his sick father and run his bakery. He had already had a bad time before, but now his situation is worse.” Aunty Vilma put his hand on her cheek while feeling aggrieved because of the poor unfortunate soul. 

Aunt Susan suddenly thought of something and talked worriedly “Talking about that, you two should be careful too. Now the so-called Cheshire Pavilion is very famous. I also heard that they are selling a similar drink like yours.” 

Felix suddenly remembered that Fang Yu had told him that some restaurant was selling an imitation of his hot chocolate. It looked like it was called Cheshire Pavilion. 

“Thanks for your concern Aunty, we will look for that.” 

After that the conversation changed their topic and after a couple of hours finally arrived at Turtle Town. 

Saying farewell to the Aunties, Felix thought that they were a very good source of information. 

Don't underestimate the power of gossip!