[5] 80's Night

It was 6:30 and I had to meet everyone at a roller rink. It was the place Tory worked at. They had a theme night tonight which was 80's. I a red shirt, jeans, yellow belt, yellow ankle socks and red shoes on with sunglasses on my head and went downstairs. "So..." I smiled "what do you guys think?"

"Good" my mom smiled

"Where are you going again?" Asked Jimmy putting on a suit jacket

"A roller rink my friend Tory works at. It's 80's themed" I smiled

"80's themed?" Jimmy repeated

"Yea, why?" I asked

"I think I have a jacket in my closet you can wear. it use to be my sisters" Jimmy added

"Wait, really?!?"

"Yea, let me go get it" Jimmy went upstairs to get the jacket. I slowly turn to my mom "He's a keeper"

"I know" my mom smiled hugging me. Jimmy came downstairs with a blue jacket with hearts on it. I hugged Jimmy and put the jacket on.

"Now that's 80's" he smiled

"Alright, we're heading out. Remember, be home by 11" my mom said pointing at me

"I will" I smiled "bye"

"Bye" my parents department. I went upstairs to my room and pulled a box from the corner of my closet. And got my roller skates. I would rather bring my own skates and rent a locker for 2 dollars than rent skates for 7. At least the group can share the locker. I grabbed my backpack placing the skates, my wallet, band aids, and my keys. I turned off all the light, closed the windows, and locked the front door before heading out. I didn't want to bring my board so I called an Uber and got there shortly after.

I payed the entry fee and walked in. I saw the group already there so I payed for a 3 hour locker rental and placed my belongings there as well and the rest of the group. Once I had my skates in I skated to where Miguel was. "Tory working tonight?" I asked

"Yep. She'll be off the clock in an hour though"

"That's good" I smiled. Miguel and I got up and started skating together. Miguel and I were just skating around. I would show Miguel a trick I know and he would try to copy it. Every time he succeeds he get a point and every time he didn't i would. We ended the game at 15-10 which means I won. Miguel wanted to go see Tory so he left and I saw Hawk skating alone so I went up to him. "Hey"

"Hey" he smiled

"I know why you look familiar"

"Why?"

"Because I know you..."

"What?" Hawk said stopping

"Let's sit" I said. We both sat down at a booth "You went to County Valley Elementary right?"

"Yea... did you go there?" He asked

"I really do look that different huh?" I lightly laughed. "Do you know my last name?"

Hawk shook his head.

"It's L/N... Y/N L/N..." I said pulling an old picture of me and him together on my phone.

"Y/N L/N... wait..."

"Hey Eli..." I lightly smiled

"OH MY GOD" he exclaimed getting up. I quickly got up and gave him a tight hug.

"How did I not recognize you?" He said letting me go

"It's been a long time." I smiled

"Too long, god I'm an idiot for not remembering you"

"It's fine. I didn't recognize you either until I met an old friend."

"Who?"

"Demetri..."

"Oh-" Hawk faced dropped

"He told me about how much you changed..."

"What did he say?" He asked sitting back down

"That you..." I hesitated. "Became... an as*hole... is that true?"

"No," he said softly. "Demetri started liking those snobby rich girls and they said they'll hang out with him if he left me. And he did, he started making fun of my scar..."

I was quickly tooken back by this. Was this true? Did demetri really do that? "Oh-" was the only thing I could of said.

"Yea. Soon enough i met Miguel who brought me to cobra Kai and I changed who I was so he would stop picking on me..." Hawk finished grabbing my hand from across the table.

"Oh my god.. I'm so sorry" I said hugging him again. "I'll have a talk with him-"

"No!" Hawk interrupted "can you not bring it up to him? I don't want to cause any more trouble"

"Are you sure?" I asked

"Yea, you can be friends with him it's fine but just please be careful."

"Yea sure" I smiled. "Wanna go skate?"

"Yea, I'll be there in a minute I wanna get a slushee"

"Okay" I smiled "see you at the rink"

I got into the rink and started skating around doing turns and other small tricks. Once I was at my third lap I saw a girl who's struggling with her skates. I went by her and what seems to be her boyfriend "looks like your skate broke. Want me to help you get to the rental area?"

"Yes please" she lightly laughed. I grabbed her arm and helped her skate over to the rental. I skated away and the girls boyfriend skated over to me. "Thanks for that"he smiled

"It's no problem. Was that your girlfriend?" I asked

"Yea, umm.. are you new here? I've never seen you before"

"Mmm... well yes, and no. I use to live in the valley but then I moved away but now I'm back." I said laughing a bit "what's your name?"

"Robby, and you?"

"Y/N, and you girlfriends name?"

"Sam"

Sam... that name is familiar. "Y/N!" I turned to see Hawk calling my name which threw me out of my thoughts and I tripped landing on the ground hard.

"Sh*t!" I exclaimed sitting up.

"Here let me help" Robbie said holding his hand out. I took it and got up. "Thanks, hey my friends calling me so ima go sit with him. It was nice knowing you" I smiled starting to skate away "Oh!" I exclaimed turning around "Nice Dan Johnson outfit!" I turned back around and sat down with Hawk as I finished his slushee.

Hawk and I were skating around the rink when sudden we heard a loud thud with sounds of drinks falling around the eating area. Everyone started gathering around a group of people so Hawk and I decided to follow. I couldn't hear or see anything since there was a lot of people but all I know is that the security guard kicked 2 people out and Tory was on the ground. We helped Tory and I bandaged a small cut she had on her finger from the fall. Torys shift just ended and she didn't want to hang around any longer so we left.