[18] Lessons

A/N: I know Sam was suspended for 2 weeks but I'm making it one for the stories sake. And I know she leaves the school on her first day back but pretend her 2nd is her first.

The next week Monday, Y/N started school again. She got dropped off by her mom and made her way over to the school. She walked in and noticed a line. The school had installed medal detectors. As she got closer one of the guards pulled her out of line and let her sit as they went through her bag. Once they were done they gave her her backpack.

She only moved a few feet when she noticed people staring at her. Some were laughing while others were  looking at her shock. Someone went up to her and asked her if she needed help going around. She didn't know him at all so she declined and went the other way. Only for a different person to ask a few seconds later. 4 more people asked her before she got anoyyed and decided to go a different path to class.

As she walked pass the stair case she couldn't help but stare at it. She started to remember the moments before she fell.

How she tried to go after Miguel after he swung Robby at her.

How Robby lifted her.

How he then kicked her out of the way

Then she kicked Tory off of Sam.

Then she fought tory

Tory slashed her arm...

She looked up at where the guys were

A force on her legs

Schools ceiling...

And then blacking out.

Y/N had now been staring at the stairs for about a minute now without realizing. The moments before the blackout kept repeating in her head.

She felt a tap on her should and jumped. It was demetri.

"Hey..." he said akwardly

She didn't respond. She just stared at him.

"Y/N!"

She turned around and saw Matt. She smiled as he went up to her and lightly hugged her.

"Your knee" he said

"Yea I know, don't worry. I'll be back on the rink in a month or two" she smiled "wanna walk me to class? We get to take the elevator"

"Hell yea" Matt smiled. They both walked away from Demetri leaving him confused.

They sat down in class and Matt plus his friend who she met her first day were catching up on notes.

The rest of the day Matt brought her to her classes. She ignored Demetri as well as Sam as much as she could. She didn't want to talk to them after she remembered what they did to contribute to her injuries. Whenever she couldn't avoid the she just gave short answers. She saw Eli a few times as well as Mitch and talked to them a bit but she was busy with getting to class on time and couldn't hold a conversation for long.

When school ended y/n asked Eli if he could ask his mom to drop her off. Her mom was at work and she would normally walk or skate there but with the condition she's in she obviously can't.

Y/N invited Eli to stay over for a bit to work on homework. He asked his mom and she agreed to let him. They both got inside and Y/N threw herself on the couch facing the ceiling.

"I can't wait to get this stupid thing off my knee" she sighed

"Wont you have a brace after?"