[8] Ouch...

The next day there wasn't any classes for Cobra Kai and I wasn't going to Miyagi Do till later so I wanted to go to the Ice Rink. I texted my mom where I was going since she was at work and got an Uber there.

When I arrived I got into the locker room and changed into the skates. I then got on the ice and did an old routine I learned a year ago. I as I finished the routine I went over to the railing and sighed.

My cheek didn't bruise but it still stung especially with the coldness of the rink. As I was going back out there was an announcement.

"The coaching season will begin shortly. Regular skaters please wait off the ice until the event is over"

I quickly got out the rink and went to the front desk. "Excuse me, what is this event for?"

"It's for the ice skaters who don't have coaches. Everyone will perform a short routine one by one then have an improve round with other people. Then the coaches will pick their top 5 and try to sign them up for the program" the worker smiled.

"Where can I sign up?" I asked

"The entre fee is 10 dollars and if you want to rent a costume it will be 5"

I took my wallet from my bag with my card and my membership card. I only payed for the entry fee. She scanned both cards and gave me a sticker with the number 25. "Just sign here and the event will start in 20 minutes. When they call your name you have around 5 minutes to get to the rink"

"Okay, thank you" I smiled. I quickly changed into my shoes and ran out. I took a short Uber ride home and ran upstairs to get an old costume, nice earrings, and my competition bag. I then grabbed my skateboard and skated as fast as I could back to the rink. When I got there I only had 7 minutes to get ready but it would take longer for me to be called so I wasn't too worried.

I went out back and changed into it. I put on the white costume and put my hair In a neat bun. I also applied some lipstick and added a subtle light blue eye shadow. After I finished applying the makeup I got a text. It was from Eli.

Eli:

Eli:
Hey Y/N
Wanna hang out?

Y/N:
Sorry Eli I'm at the rink rn

Eli:
We can hang out there

Y/N:
There's an event where skaters can get coaches
And I signed up
It'll take over an hour

Eli:
Can people come see?

Y/N:
Think so, why?

Eli:
I'll go watch :)
I've never seen you perform before

Y/N:
Ok that's fine!
We can hang out afterwards

Eli:
Ok!
I'll bring Miguel and Aisha

Y/N:
Ok!

Eli:
Goodluck

I turned off my phone and went to the front desk. I gave the worker the song I was going to perform with. It's an old routine but it got me to the semi's a few year ago. I then went back and went over the routine on my head occasionally making the hand movements.