[11] Coaches

The next day I did some research and finally made up my mind and chose one of the coaches. I went with Jenna Santoro. She had been a coach for over 15 years and always works with her old skating partner. His name is Brian O'conner. I scheduled a lesson for later that day with my mom.

She was thrilled by the fact that I was going to compete for the Ice Skating Competition. She also heard that I was doing karate so she also gave me some money to pay for cobra Kai and a little bit for Miyagi Do. I had a talk with Sensei LaRusso and he said that I didn't have to pay monthly for Miyagi do since he knows that Ice Skating can be expensive. I still have him the check for Miyagi do and stopped by Cobra Kai. I gave the other check to Sensei Lawrence and went to the car with my mom to the ice rink.

When we arrived we met the coaches and Laura told me to change into the skates while she talks to my mom. I did as she said and went to the rink. They asked me to do certain turns and jumps so they know what their working with. Afterwards I wiped the skates dry and placed the plastic covers on and sat down by the benches.

"So, are you planning to compete in the upcoming competition?" Jenna asked

"Mhm" I smiled

"How many years have you been skating?"

"6" my mom responded

"How many times have you competed?"

"7" I said "I made it to the semi's 2 years ago for the Midwest"

"Who was your coach back then?" Brian asked

"Luara smith."

The two coaches looks at each other and nodded.

"What category do you compete for?"

"Singles" i said

"Just singles? No partner work?"

I shook my head "coach smith tried to find me a partner a few years back but it never really worked"

"Okay" Jenna smiled. We have half an hour left of your session. What do you want to show us an old routine and work on techniques?"

"Yea" I smiled.

I got back on the rink and did a routine. Afterwards Jenna gave me small tips on how to improve. Afterwards we gave our numbers to the coaches and me and my mom went home.

*A/N: short chapter again... I'm behind on writing so sorry for the late post for today. There won't be a post tmr so I can give myself two days to write. I'm really close to writing the first day of school so stay tuned!*