[7] "Fight!"

After a few karate lessons from LaRusso I got the hang of the basics. Since I was already athletic so it was pretty easy for me to get the moves right.

It was Saturday. Only a week left of summer, and then school starts.

I was hanging out with Miguel, outside of his apartment. We were talking about the upcoming school year when a man walked out of his apartment.

"Sensei!" Miguel exclaimed walking towards the man "Why was practice pushed back today?"

"Got better things to do" the man groaned "who's that? Your side piece?" The man asked pointing at me

"What- No! That's just my friend, Y/N"

"Hey! Kid!" He called out

I looked up at him in confusing  "hm?"

"Your pretty fit, do any sports?"

"Just- ice skating" I shrugged

"That means good balance..." he whispered to himself  "kid, if you want to learn some" he did a stance "bad *ss karate" he stood normal again "you should join cobra Kai. Your cute friend is in it too"

"I'll consider it..." I said leaning back on the bench.

"Good" he turned to Miguel "if you convince her to join I'll go easy today"

"Okay" Miguel nodded "see you later Sensei"

Miguel walked back towards me and sat down next to me "so..?"

"So... what?" I asked

"Are you gonna join?"

"Maybe, I mean it wouldn't kill me to learn some" I responded. I know I was in Miyagi Do but it wouldn't hurt to be in another dojo. I'll learn twice as fast which will get me in shape for Ice Skating.

"Well, you should come to practice today. Just to watch"

"Alright" I smiled "when is it?"

"In 3 hours"

"That gives us time to eat." I sat up "c'mon"  I grabbed Miguel's arm and got him up. We both walked to a local diner and ate cheeseburgers with fries. Afterwards we took a quick selfie there and went over to the dojo. It wasn't too far from the apartments. But it was a decent walk.

When we walked in I saw a small group of people wearing something white. I know this was associated with karate but in Miyagi Do we don't use them.

Miguel went to the back to change so I stayed in the front talking with Tory. Soon after, class started so I sat back in the corner to watch. The Sensei walked in and let Miguel lead the warm up. Afterwards an older man walked to the front. He looked like a way older version of their Sensei. "Ever since the tournament you all have let good moments slip away... So today, we're going to learn when to take those chances" He was walking around the class going through each row of students. As he made his way through the third row he seemed to notice me. "Girl"

I looked up "come here" I slowly got up and walked towards him. I can feel everyones eyes on me. "What are your weaknesses"

"I don't-"

"Everyone has weakness" he interrupted. "Nichols..."

Tory walked towards us "I want you to fight our new student"

"What!" Miguel exclaimed "Sensei Kreese, she doesn't-"

"If she's worthy enough to be cobra Kai. She'll be able to be in a fight" I looked up at him "go change, be here in 5 minutes" I just nodded and went to the back to change. I was anxious to fight Tory. I know she's good and I've never been in one before.

Once I was done I walked back out. Everyone was staring at me but I kept my head up high. I can feel my heart pounding on my chest. "Diaz" he called out "You referee" Miguel just got up. Everyone was on the other side of the room.

"Face me" Miguel said. Tory and I faced him. "Bow" we did as he said. "Now face each other" I turned to face Tory gulping. "Bow" we both did "get in position" I took my stance as Tory did. I focused on every detail about her. "Ready?... and... Fight!" He exclaimed almost automatically Tory threw a punch which I managed to dodge. I then kicked which she also dodged. I threw another kick which Tory dodge again. Then Tory tried for a kick. I remembered a moment where I saw Sam and Robby fighting. I then quickly grabbed Torys leg under my arm and tugged forward which cause Tory to fall. I then quickly punched her lightly. "Point L/N" Miguel said. I held my arm out helping Tory up "Your good" she smiled "I won't go easy anymore"

I was taken back by this but we took our stance again. "Fight!" Miguel exclaimed. I kicked which Tory blocked. I then threw a punch which Tory grabbed and spin me around. I quickly moved away before Tory could get a hit. I then heard Miguel make a small "woo" sound which made Tory quickly look at him. I took that chance to swipe my foot under her which caused her to fall. I quickly tried to punch her but she rolled over causing me to punch the mat. In a flash she got up and kicked me. "Point Nichols!" Miguel exclaimed. I got up and smiled at her but she seemed a little ticked off. Did I do something wrong? "Last round" Miguel added as we took our stance.

Tory again, threw my first punch. I dodged it and threw a kick. She grabbed my leg and threw me back but I didn't fall I just stumbled. She was pretty aggressive so I looked at her with a confused look but all she did was spin around and kicked me right in my cheekbone. In the impact my face turned to the right and I dropped to my knees holding my cheek. "Point Nicholes..." Miguel said with a slight confused tone. I got up still holding my cheek. "You okay?" Miguel asked moving my hand. "Yea Im fine" I said out of breathe.

"Oooh" Miguel said examining my cheek "that might bruise"

"L/N" Sensei kreese said. I turn to him. "Get that iced and change out of that. Your done for the day" I sighed still keeping my face Neutral trying not to look upset. I went to go grab my bag "I didn't say to leave" I turn to him in confusion. "I said your done not out. I want you to watch the rest of class today." I just nodded my head and head towards the back "Diaz and Johnny. I want you to get her ice" I changed in the back.

Once I finished I walked out of the room where Miguel and Sensei Lawrence were waiting. "That was pretty bad*ss" Sensei Lawrence complimented patting my shoulder. "Thanks" I sighed "Kreese and I want you here Monday. Your really good" he said trying to reassure me. He walked out to the front. "Here's a water" Miguel said handing me it "thanks" I lightly smiled

"I thought you didn't do karate?"

"Oh- I don't. I just did that I saw"

"Well you were really good. You should definitely compete for the tournament."

I stayed quiet for a bit looking down. "Does... Tory hate me?"

"What? No! Why would you ask that!"

"It's just- after I knocked her down she just seemed to get more aggressive..."

"It was probably a in the moment thing"

"Maybe" I shrugged taking a sip. "Can you talk with her afterwards? I don't want my new friend to be mad"

"Of course" Miguel lightly smiled. "Let me se your cheek"

I moved the ice pack and turned my head.

"Ouch" he commented

"Thanks, that makes me feel SOO much better..." I said sarcastically placing the ice pack back on my cheek

"You know what I mean"

"I do" I laughed.

We both walked to the front and for the rest of class I just watched and took in every information.

Miguel walked me home and when my parents saw my cheek I made up a lie that I wiped out skating which they believed. I slept easy that day since the fight drained my energy except I had to lay my head on the left side...