[25] New beginning

The next day i went to cobra Kai in the morning. I walked in and saw Tory calling out Kyler. I ignored it. I went straight to Kreese office.

"L/N." Kreese said as I entered the room "what can I help you with?"

"Sensei Kreese I need to talk to you."

"About?"

"The team..."

"What about it?"

"We'll, as you know hawk left... and I'm not sure if I wanna s-"

Before I can finish my sentence Robbie walked in the dojo. "Give me a second" Kreese said as he went back where Robbie went.

I sighed and wrote a note and placed it on his desk. It just said that I had to skip practice to work on skating. I walked out and headed home.

I didn't have skating till another 2 hours. It was a Saturday and my parents were home.

I walked in and see mom and Jimmy on the couch. I jumped on cuddled my mom.

"You alright sweety?" My mom asked stroking my hair.

"Mhm"

"I didn't see you come home last night"

"I know, I'm sorry. We were goofing around after we left and I didn't want to wake you guys up"

"So then where did you get that cut from?" Jimmy asked pointing at my cheek.

"I fell off my board and landed on a bush" I lied. It was really from when Chris smashed the photo on my face

"I didn't know you brought your board" my mom said.

"I took it last second cause I didn't wanna pay for an Uber" I sighed

"Are u excited about comp soon?" Jimmy asked

"Yea" I smiled "Matt and I have almost perfected everything"

My parents and I watched TV for an hour and a half in silence. I was still cuddled up on my mom. I felt safe like this. And for a while. I forgot about the drama, and the fighting.

"It's time to go" my mom said checking her watch

"Okay" I said as I got up. I went upstairs and grabbed my bag. I got back down and waved Jimmy goodbye as my mom and I left.

*time jump*

It was around 4:30 now. Practice had ended and I was bored so I asked my mom if I could go to a nearby park.

She let me and I brought my board with me. I got my license a week ago but I was more comfortable skating there than to drive.

Once I got there I spotted a familiar face on a ramp. It was Robbie.

"Hey robbie" I smiled walking up to him.

"Hey Y/N" he smiled back

"I didn't know you skated"

"I picked it up after I left juvie"

"You should of told me, I would of loved to skated with you sooner"

"Yea, but you were busy with cobra Kai and I didn't want to get in the way"

"Alright" I smiled "show me what you got"

"Oh yea?" Robbie grinned

"Mhm"

Robbie went in one of the ramps and showed me some things, afterwards he showed me flips that he knew.

"Wow, Robbie. That was a lot"

"I'm a fast learner" he winked

I laughed but stopped when I saw Sam walking up to Robbie.

"Can I talk to him Y/N... alone." She said in a cruel tone.

"Oh-" I said in shock "y-yea that's fine. I'll be at the half drop" I said to Robbie before giving Sam a genuine smile and left.

I was going around the area, occasionally looking at the two as they talked. After a minute or two Robbie got back on his board and got his way over to me.

"Everything alright?" I asked

"Yep..." Robbie sighed "its a shame hawk left. He was a good fighter"

"Yea. It does suck"

"Im thinking of joining cobra Kai"

"What?" I stopped the board and stared at him. "I thought you didn't wanna join-"

"I did... but Kreese talked me into it-"

"Are you sure?" I asked "I- I mean with all the sh*t we pulled... are you sure?"

"We'll What did you guys do?" Robbie asked.

"Umm... we taught the other teams multiple times, I broke Demetris arm, beast the sh*t out of the other teams-"

"Wait" Robbie interrupted "You were the one who broke demetris arm?"

I paused for a second "uh- yea..."

"Damn" Robbie laughed "I underestimated you"

"Oh-"

*time jump*

The next day I went into cobra Kai. Again I we t into Kreese a office. "Can i talk to you?" I asked

"Yes go ahead" Kreese smiled

"The team has been getting shorter. And we've pulled a lot of stuff... and... i dont know if"

"You know Y/N you are one of our best students" Kreese interrupted

"What?"

"Yea. I mean you learned everything so fast. And the amount of fights you won is incredible"

"Oh- thank you. But-"

"I'm proud"

I took a moment to think about what he just said. He was proud? I haven't heard those words in a while.

"Your last name is l/n... correct?"

"Uh- yea"

"Are you the daughter of Richard L/N"

"Uh-" I didn't know what to say. How did he know my dad? "Yea... why?"

"Do you know what he use to be in cobra Kai?"

"What?!"

"Yea. He always loved karate. I talked with him earlier this month and he said he was proud that his daughter is taking the sport he loved."

"He was proud?!" I asked

"Of course. He said that he never was interested in those other sports but you taking karate made his regret most of his choices. He said he loved you for joining the team."

"He- loves me?!?" I asked

"Of course. Your continuing his legacy after all... now. What were you saying?"

"Oh. Nothing just- I'm not sure if posters are a good way of spreading the word about us. We should have social media and spread it there"

"I'll consider it" he smiled "now go change. We have a surprise waiting" I nodded my head and went over to change.

A/N: i decided to give Y/N's dad a name. So this is up to y'all, do you guys want the mom to have a name or keep it as y/n's mom? Let me know!