[28] Showstopper

Two days after the Drive-In Theatre incident was the day I perform. I woke up at 5 am exhausted and anxious. I went into the bathroom to get ready. I showered, did my morning face routine, put my hair in a loose ponytail, and put on workout clothes. I had to be by the rink at around 8:30 to get signed in and ready so I decided to stretch and do most of the preparations at home.

My parents knew my routine before competitions so they were going to wake up later than me. I took Jimmy's car and went over to a nearby park. I jogged a little bit around the area and then went back in the car to go get breakfast. I got an açaí bowl for myself as well as a bagel. I also got breakfast sandwiches and smoothies for my parents.

Afterwards I went back home to my parents barley awake in the kitchen. I gave them their food and I sat with them while I ate a third of the bowl and half the bagel. Afterwards I stretched and messaged my muscles since they were a bit sore. My mom came in and gave me my new pair of skates that I got the day before.

I was able to break them in properly (adjust shoes to fit better) so I wouldn't get more blisters after today. I got my performance bag and took everything out. I then emptied my makeup pouch and placed back the items that I needed before placing the bag back in my performance bag. Afterwards I placed my skates, water bottle, skate guards, hand towel, soakers, and small gel pads in my bag.

At this point it's about to turn 7 am so I went back down and finished my breakfast. I went on my phone to scroll through social media and text my friends. I was finishing up reminding Matt to bring something when I noticed a text from Kreese.

Kreese:

Kreese:
I have informed your father about you competing
He says that he will go watch
Goodluck
at the competition
I hope my best student wins.

I wasn't sure how to feel about this. I haven't seen him since he left home.

Kreese:

Y/N:
Thank you.

I put my phone down and sighed. I wanted today to go perfect. Even tho I've been wanting to see him for a bit I don't think I'm ready. I shook it off and decided to use the rest of my time at home to message my muscles.

At 8:10 I got everything I needed and Jimmy dropped me off at the rink. "Thanks Jimmy, I'll see you later" I said as I stepped out of the car.

"Alright" he smiled "goodluck kid"

I nodded my head and went inside. I signed in and headed to the dressing room to get ready. I looked at the program to see when I go on. The first half of the competition is solos and the second half is with doubles.

I was 3rd for solos and mat and I are 4th for doubles. I started on the makeup. It was a bit dramatic but it was really pretty. I put on the costume after.

 I put on the costume after