Chapter 39: Excuses

Kidd cannot be angrier than he is now. Gritting his teeth, glaring at the girl who is glaring back at him.

"What...in the sentence of 'you cannot go out' do YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!", he said.

"WHY AM I STAYING HERE THEN?! I am already fine! and the doctor said I can go now", you said.

"IF I SAID YOU CANNOT...YOU CANNOT! SO GO BACK IN THE ROOM WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND STAY THERE!", Kidd said.

You glare at him..."You are being harsh on her...give her some slack, Kidd", Killer said taking your side. You hid behind him and stuck out your tongue to annoy the red head.

"Wah...OI! I JUST AGREED TO LET HER STAY BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU SAID!", Kidd said on his defense.

"But that doesn't mean you have to be harsh"

'Yes, Killer. What a good character you are...why are you even in Kidd's crew...', you always wonder about that.

"Tsk", Kidd clicked his tongue. "Suit yourself then..."

When finally Kidd is out of your sight. "Thanks...I just really want a fresh air. Being all cooped up in the room is really suffocating", you said. Black bags are visible under your eye.

"You didn't sleep?"

Touching your nape, "Sleep did not visit me last night. I have been thinking...all night"

'Well...that is why Kidd wants you in your room', Killer thought. His captain might be harsh, but he wouldn't really be speaking harshly without proper reason.

"You've been thinking of your crew", he asked.

You looked at him..

"…Or not", He added.

"Oh, I was thinking of them too. But I don't want to dwell at it much longer than I have now. What I am thinking is...really beyond my reach", You said looking at the horizon.

Killer look at how peaceful you became, suddenly ruffling your hair. "Get some sleep. No wonder Kidd is hopping mad", he laughed.

"I am sure he just want me out of his deck", you gave out a laugh.

When you walk to the now empty room...

'Stop'

'no more'

'I want this misery to end'

'Let me die'

'I deserve to die'

"Why do you always talk like this...you give me a body that regenerate...and you want me to die...what kind of Irony is this?"

This is why you don't want to be alone in one room. You prefer to be distracted by the bustling people, a nagged for a captain, or maybe someone you can talk to.

But not when you are alone. Summoning Suraimu, "Please...do sounds that distract me..."

"Ohhhhmmm raaahhhh sshhhhhh", you smiled when Suraimu is jiggling.

"I really don't know what you are talking about", you said and plop onto Suraimu. You noticed it looking at you.

"Don't look at me...I know, I am really tired", you said.

"Ccccooo.…ttttt", you knit your eyebrows when Suraimu made a sound that you seem to understand.

"Cot?", feeling it vibrating. "…", your mouth formed an 'o', "The coat", you said to it.

"Grrrrmmmm bbbbbssstttt", it said.

Summoning a little portal and pulled out a coat. "It feels weird...I can feel at home with this coat", you said.