Chapter 63: 'That' Creature

Burying the hatchet

An idiom that's meant to be 'to make peace'

'To agree that the quarrel has come to an end'

But if you are hurt enough, can you really bury the hatchet?

Are you willing to bury the hatchet if you've been a victim for so long that you became an assailant?

Are you willing to put everything behind despite the fact that it ruined all of you?"

That's what kept on bugging (V/n), she has been fueled by her hatred that she wonders if she can.

Though, if she started to accept it. She felt that she is vanishing into thin air.

Just when she finally meet Ashnah.

She lay in-between Shachi and Penguin as she lean towards Penguin.

Just when she found him. After a long time of finding him...

"Is there something wrong?", Penguin whispered.

She looks at him, "Can we talk?", She asked.

Waiting for the other, "sounds serious"

***

The night breeze tonight seemed so cold. Penguin clasped her tiny hands and held it close.

Gently laying her to the railing as their eyes finally met... The man laid his head on her forehead, as his eyes are close.

"What do you want to talk about?", His breath emits mist from the cold.

"What will happen if I...vanish"

He finally open his eyes and look at her. "I will wait", he said.

"I might not return"

"I will wait", he repeated.

"You might die from waiting", she started to sob.

"What choice do I have? I'll still wait"

"Why can't we be—", she stopped as her mind throb.

Like a sharp object suddenly pierce in her head.

***

(V/n) cannot look but she can recognize silhouettes of people.

"Don't worry", someone said.

"Just go in, no matter what"

The voices are calming her like they will protect her.

She cannot see who those persons were but they look like they knew her.

"Who cares if it's set in stones?! Stones can be crushed!"

The memories suddenly flashed before her eyes.

So many memories flashed before her. All of them are different from the other.

One is a knight...one is a student...one is a villain...

But the last memory...

There was a bright red string...

She didn't know why but looking at the string sends shiver down her spine. "What"...

"Fate...what is fate? What is soul mates? Why are they deciding that for me?"

She doesn't know who was talking.

The face is blurry, "but I know what I want...I want to be with *censored* I don't want to be with anyone"

The person contorted their face as if not liking what they heard, "what? No! Fate?! I am fated to be happy with that guy? I don't like him!"

Then the person started to try and cut the sting, "I don't like this...", Until the person cut their whole wrist.