Chapter 18

Happy Monday! Please vote and comment!!

— — — — —

Syble (Magnolia)

I know I'm grinning like a fool but I can't contain it, dueling with them like this was exhilarating. I'm still coming down from my high when Ro and Varian begin to shift their furry bodies beneath me. I sit up so I am no longer sprawled on top of them and for the first time I get a real good look at their wolves.

Their shaggy fur is mostly white, painted with gray and black streaks across their backs like snow capped mountains. Like the wolves from my dream. I shake the thought quickly.

They're harder to tell apart in wolf form, but their eyes give them away. Ro's are still forest green and hazel and Varian's are chocolate brown.

Ro is laying down so I rest my back against him, combing my fingers through the fur on his head. Varian crawls up beside us and begins licking at the various cuts and scrapes I incurred during our activities. His cold nose and snout tickles my ribs but rather than stopping when he realizes this, he continues his ticklish assault and I erupt in a fit of giggles.

"Stop! Stop, you win!" I say through my laughter. He puts his large forehead to mine and purrs before running off behind a tree. Ro sits up gently giving me time to support my own weight, and he, too, runs off behind a tree. I stagger to my feet and brush myself off once again as the twins reappear before me in human form wearing nothing but basketball shorts.

My mouth dries at the sight of their naked torsos glistening in the sun, and the way their shorts hang lowly around their hips, showing off a sexy v line that leads below their waist band. I imagine kissing every inch of that line, exploring what lies beneath their shorts. My wayward thoughts cause a wet, hot desire to pool between my thighs.

Ro and Varian's nostrils flare as they stalk towards me with easy grace. Ro grabs my hand and brings it to his lips placing a gentle kiss on the back of my hand before spinning me around so my back is to him. He puts his hands on my hips, holding me away at an arm's length.

"Show me your wing," he demands in his deep voice, any trace of humor from moments ago has completely vanished.

"Ro, it's fine. I've suffered worse."

"Now, Syble." Varian steps in front of me shooting me a pointed look.

I roll my eyes beneath the blind fold and extend my wings for them to see. Ro and Varian each take a wing, inspecting as they go, skimming their fingers delicately over the leathery skin.

Ro's breath hitches indicating that he's found the damage he caused. "You look like you've been through war," he says so softly I'm not sure if I'm meant to hear it or not. He sighs heavily and I think he's trying to figure out what to say next.

I fold my wings back in and turn to them both with a grateful smile. "Thank you...for letting go with me... it was fun." Ro looks like he is still tormented by guilt and I hate that he feels that way. I've been pushing for this exact moment since day one, I asked for this.

"Hey, come on, please don't feel bad. It'll heal just like anything else. Good as new by tonight, guaranteed." I plead.

Ro just huffs but reluctantly nods his head. "Come, we'll bring you back to the pack house to rest."

What? Didn't he hear a word I just said? I cross my arms over my chest and pout like a teenager.

"No." I say defiantly.

Ro and Varian snarl at me but I won't relent on this. "No, you've proven your tendency to overreact so come on, on with the tour."

A reluctant smile tugs at Varian's mouth and his eyes soften. Ro remains stern, his posture mirroring mine. "Are all the women where you're from this challenging?" Varian asks with a small chuckle, he pulls two shirts out of a small duffle bag I hadn't noticed before. I was too busy appreciating their bodies to notice much of anything.