Chapter 22

Happy Monday everyone!

Please vote and comment =D

— — — — —

Kat 

The kitchen staff have gone all out for my birthday breakfast, all of my favorite foods are being served today. Chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs, buttered toast, and hash browns. Not to mention an endless supply of fresh fruits, juices, teas, and coffee. Every pack member I pass wishes me an emphatic happy birthday.

My brothers haven't come down for breakfast yet. Nor have Incandis and Syble. I become mildly agitated at this and decide to round them up myself. I have been looking forward to this day for a long time and I want everything to be perfect.

I run up the stairs, a heavenly smell catching my attention. Like a campfire and roasted almonds. The scent gets stronger the closer I get to Incandis' door, my heart beats out of my chest. I lift a hand to knock on Incandis' door when a noise from Syble's room roots me in front of her door.

"Come on, we don't have much time, we gotta be quick." Syble says.

"You sure you wouldn't prefer having your little wolf twins do this?" I recognize Incandis' voice. He's in there with her. My heart is in my throat.

"Don't be petty. You know I'm particular about this, I don't have time to teach them how I like it done."

"Alright, grab on tight this is going to be rough."

There's a series of loud, rhythmic banging noises. Tears prick at my eyes as my heart shatters into a hundred pieces, but I can't bring myself to move.

"Ow, Fuck!" Syble cries out.

"Shit sorry, did I hurt you?" The care he has for her is so clearly evident in his voice, pain radiates through my chest.

"I'm fine, keep going, almost there."

I can't take it anymore. I run down the hall, down the stairs, not really sure where I'm running to. I crash into Rohanor as he is leaving his office.

"Hey birthday girl, where's the fire." He chuckles at first but his face falls when he sees my bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks. He growls and pulls me into their office.

"Hey Kat, what's going on?" Varian asks, quickly assessing the scene before him.

I throw myself into Ro's arms, sobbing uncontrollably into his chest.

"He's - my - mate," I heave out between sobs.

"Who is?" They ask softly.

"Incandis." I breathe his name and another sharp pang pierces through me.

"I heard - them - upstairs." I sniffle, hiccuping between cries. "He's f-fucking her as we s-speak!" I burst into sobs again.

Varian flips his desk over sending its contents flying around him, several items smashing as they fall to the ground. Ro is still holding me tightly as his desk bursts into flames, reducing the papers and books on it to ash.

— — — 

Syble (Magnolia)

I don't know what I was thinking, trying to finish her birthday present in less than 36 hours. I'm not used to the wood they have down here, it's much harder than in the grove and I'm afraid it'll snap if I let go. I need more hands.

I peek my head out in the hall to make sure no one is around and bang on Incandis' door.

As soon as he opens the door I pull him by the collar into my room. "I need your help, I've been making a set of twin blades for Kat for her birthday, but I can't hold the arch and set the blade on my own."