Chapter 26 Bonus

Wow!! 1.8K views! I'm positively overwhelmed.

Thank you so much for reading

I hope you're enjoying the story as much as I enjoy writing it :)

To show my appreciation, please enjoy this Bonus chapter!

— — — — —

Incandis

Magnolia has been gone most of the day. I thought she'd be back after lunch but I haven't seen her. I've been out and about throughout the day too, I managed to get a tuxedo last minute with Runidar since Kat's party is tonight. Perhaps she snuck back into her room while I was gone.

I open her door without knocking but don't immediately see anyone inside. I hear someone rummaging through something in the closet so I push open the door without warning in a vain attempt to surprise her.

"It's almost impossible to surprise a wolf you know." Kat says from inside the closet.

"Well I wasn't trying to surprise you, was I? What are you doing in Syble's room anyway?"

"I brought up our dresses, I thought she and I could get ready together." She deflates with a shrug, "but she's obviously still out."

"She'll be back in time, Kat. She wouldn't miss it." I try to reassure her.

"Tell that to my brothers." She mutters angrily under her breath.

I let my wings unfold, stretching them as much as I can from within the closet. "You want me to drag her back here?" A sly smirk tugs at the corners of my mouth.

She smiles and laughs a full, uninhibited laugh. "Good luck with that. My brothers have been dying to show her the lake."

I want to ask if she's sure that's all her brothers want to show my sister but I bite my tongue. I'm not overly thrilled by how they so obviously lust after her, but I know she can take them in a fight so I'm not as worried about them making a move.

"Are you upset that she's out with them?" She asks me in a small voice with downcast eyes.

A strange hurt pulses through my chest at her saddened expression. I don't know why she cares so much what I think about Magnolia's activities, and more than that I don't know why her sadness affects me.

"Yes...and no." I answer honestly. "It's complicated." I back out of the closet and motion for her to join me in the sitting area in the room.

We make ourselves comfortable in the arm chairs, sitting across from one another.

"You love her." She says it to me so matter of factly.

I'm overwhelmed by the urge to explain that I love Mags like any big brother loves their little sister. I'm sure it's not dissimilar to the affection the Alphas hold for Kat. I'm tormented by the way Kat looks at me and it's aggravating that I can't figure out why I care so much what she thinks, all I know is I do care. I'm caught between protecting my sister, my queen, and protecting the heart of a girl I barely know.

"Kat, it's...complicated." The ache in my chest grows as she registers the words. "What about you Kat? A beautiful girl like you must have guys falling over themselves for a chance to love you."

"It's not as complicated for wolves, there is only one that we want. Our mate." She gives me an amused look when I cock my head to the side at the mention of a mate. I'm not entirely sure what she means by it.