Chapter 35

Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a good weekend <3

— — — — —

Rohanor

The three of us explode together, ropes upon ropes of my seed spurting into her womb when she ignites, green flames dancing on her skin. Her exhausted body collapses on my chest while Varian and I remain locked inside her, letting her burn.

Varian mindlinks me, Fuck, that was —

I know.

I could feel it the instant I gave into the pull, like a missing piece snapped into place. With one kiss she melted away years of our resolve that we didn't want, or need, a mate.

We still have a lot to talk to her about though, Var. We can't take this to mean that she's all in just because we are. Hell, we still don't really understand who she is, or who's after her and why.

A protective growl emanates from his chest.

She's ours. I don't need to know anything else.

We're going to need to know a little more than that if we're going to keep her safe. I snarl, the words coming out harsher than I intended. I bury my nose in her hair, the action immediately calming my wolf and me.

We'll discuss this when she wakes. Her fire is dying down, let's run her a bath and worry about this later.

Magnolia's flame extinguishes. Varian is the first to pull out and she groans softly at the loss. He leans down and lifts her off of me, cradling her bridal style and carrying her into the bathroom. I run her a hot bath complete with some rose scented bath bomb I found in the cabinet.

I remember from the lake how much she loves being in the boiling water, so I charm her bath to stay boiling while we grab new clothes and some food to bring back to her.

Varian places her gently into the tub, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. Magnolia blinks up at us with tired eyes. "Relax, love, we'll come back to check on you in a bit." With that we leave her to recover.

Varian and I make our way down the hall to the guest room Incandis showed us to earlier. We quickly shower and are surprised to find several sets of spare clothes meant for us in the drawers and closet.

Wanting to get back to Mags as soon as possible, we hurry down to the kitchen to procure dinner for the three of us. Varian thought she might appreciate a little room service to give us privacy to talk.

We finally get down to the kitchen where Kat, Incandis, Runidar, and another male we haven't met yet are engrossed in a lively debate regarding proper torture techniques. Kat smells us before she sees us, smiling at us knowingly as we enter.

"How's Magnolia?" She asks, unable to hide her impish grin.

"Fine, taking a bath I think," I say as neutrally as possible. I just learned that Incandis is her brother. I'm not ready for the 'my brother and I are fucking your sister' conversation just yet.

"Kat told me that Mags filled you in on some things." Incandis is being intentionally vague.

I nod in response. "We were sorry to learn that it's your family who are missing."

Incandis clears his throat, his racing heartbeat gives away the emotion he's trying to suppress. "I appreciate that, thank you. You helped us when you thought it was just another colony member, your tireless efforts will not go unrewarded. I'm sure Mags will agree."