Chapter 23

Happy Friday! 

Please vote and comment!

— — — — —

Rohanor

To say I'm shocked when Kat slaps me across the face would be an understatement. I'm beyond the point of anger, there's a wildfire tornadoing through my chest demanding to be released.

"Do you want me to go after her, sir?" Runidar asks, trying to be delicate with all this information.

"No, let her go. I'll link my mother and have her —," I freeze mid sentence as I catch Syble's scent wafting in from the hallway. My inner wildfire is now an all consuming hurricane of rage and pain.

Ro get in control of your wolf you don't want to do something stupid... like blaming Kat for us not being honest with our mate. Varian links me. I know he's right, but I can't help thinking how different things could be right now if we had talked to her yesterday.

Syble knocks on our office door even though it's open, and Runidar is the one that calls for her to enter. Varian and I can't do anything but stare at her, our eyes occasionally sizing up Incandis. I don't care that we haven't officially claimed her, she's mine. I can't tolerate the thought of his hands on her, let alone the thought of anyone inside her but me and Varian.

"Hey guys, mind if I stash these in here?" She smiles brightly and dumps a large burlap parcel onto the coffee table.

"Doing some redecorating?" She teases us and lifts a brow just noticing the overturned and burned desks.

Her smile falters when neither Varian nor I respond. Runidar is the only one who addresses her. "What's all this?" He asks, gesturing vaguely to the parcel she dumped on the table.

Syble smiles brilliantly and gently undoes the top of the wrapping giving us a sneak peek at what's inside. "I made Kat twin blades, like mine." She's practically giddy. The only time I've ever seen her like this was after sparing with our wolves, when Varian was tickling her with his snout.

"I'll obviously train her myself on how to use them. When you told me her birthday was a few days away I felt like I needed to get her something but I didn't know what she'd like or what would even be appropriate —"

"So naturally she made her weapons of war." Incandis pokes fun at her.

"When did you have time to make these?" Varian finally addresses her directly.

"I've been working on them since Thursday night when I left your office, but Incandis helped me embed the blades this morning." She says proudly.

"This morning? Like in your room this morning?"

"Yeah, it was the only place I could think to do it where no one would see and spoil the surprise. I waited for everyone to go down for breakfast so I wouldn't wake up the whole house with the hammering. So... be honest, you think she'll like them?"

Kat, come to our office immediately. There is something that requires your attention. I order her through mindlink.

"My L — lady," Runidar nearly addresses her as Luna but covers his mistake by clearing his throat, "I'm sure Kat will love them."

"Kat's on her way here now, if you'd like to give them to her." Varian says to Syble.

By the time Syble is done showing us her craftsmanship and re-wrapping the blades, Kat walks in still angry. Her mouth is pressed into a thin line, her face red with heat, and she doesn't say a word to anyone.