THE LETTER

Willow was distant from her friends and boyfriend. Everyone noticed it but the only person who knew what happened was Theo.

Daphne and Blaise never knew what it's like having parents that are known death eaters which was something Willow and Theo bonded over in the first place.

The two sat quietly in the library and Willow read over the letter in her hand over and over again while Theo just stared at her silently. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." She says letting out a pathetic laugh. "Disowns me but wants me to attend the pureblood ball with him and mother for our reputation."

"Are you going to go? I thought you were spending the holiday's with Harry?" Theo asks quietly.

"I have to don't I." Willow scoffs "Says here if I fail to be at the manor at 5:00 sharp on Christmas Eve he'll hurt Harry."

"I'll be going and so is Blaise so you won't be alone." Theo says offering the girl a small smile.

"I don't want to see him again. It's like I finally feel free of this all and then he pulls me back in." Willow mutters.

"It's only one more pureblood ball, then once you leave Hogwarts you'll be free of him for good." Theo says softly while pulling the girl in for a hug.

"Why do you still go to these things? Your father is in Azkaban you don't have to go anymore. The balls make us miserable plus all the adults mutter homophobic slurs under their breath when they see you." Willow says.

"If my father gets out and he hears word that I didn't keep up the Nott reputation he would kill me. You know that Wills. I have to go to represent him." Theo says softly.

"He won't ever get out." Willow protests. "He got charged with being a deatheater and child abuse!"

"He might." Theo shrugs "And if he does then hopefully he'll just leave me alone. Doing these things will just greater my chance of him leaving me alone."

"Our families are fucked up." Willow grins.

"Yep. It's what makes us so funny." Theo says grinning back at her before the two broke out into laughter.

✰✰✰
hillow shippers

hermione: guys it's dinnertime
where are you?

wills: oh fuck we're on our way

theo: TELL RON NOT TO
TAKE ALL THE MASHED POTATOES

ron: THEY MAGICALLY REFILL????

✰✰✰

"We're here!" Theo yells as he walked into the great hall causing Willow to slap him as the entirety of Hogwarts stared at the two.

"Good going asshat." Willow hisses to Theo before sitting next to Harry.

"Where were you?" Harry whispers panicked.

"Library. I got a note from my father. I'll show you it later." Willow says quietly as she piled food on her plate.

"Your father but you were-" Hermione chimes in.

"Disowned? Yeah I know that's why it was a surprise to me." Willow says rolling her eyes. "Father ordered me to attend the Pureblood Christmas Eve Ball with him and my mother."

"Why does he want you to go if you were disowned?" Ron asks.

"Yeah you didn't go last year." Harry says confused.

"Barely anybody knows I got disowned. He wants me to go to keep up appearances." Willow scoffs.

"Families like the Harlow's and Nott's want to keep up their appearances to make them look perfect to the public even if they aren't." Theo informs the rest. "Like how my father is in Azkaban but I still go with my Aunt because its expected of my family."

"But you can choose to just not go right? Especially you Theo." Harry says.

"You can't just pick and choose in the pureblood lifestyle. Especially if your parents are involved." Willow says frowning. "I went against their wishes and got into a relationship not just any halfblood gryffindor but literally Harry Potter and now I have to basically do what my father tells me to do. He has leverage over me."

"What leverage?" Harry asks.

"Not important." Willow answers quickly not wanting to worry Harry even more.

"But-" Harry starts.

"I said it's not important." Willow says in a voice that told everyone the conversation was over.

"Well how bad could the ball be." Hermione says with a small smile trying to liven up the mood but everyone turned to stare at her.

"Hermione they're horrible from what my parents have told me." Ron says.

"It's not horrible just boring." Blaise mutters. "It's a ball for the parents their children go as their accessories to show off."

"What disappointing accessories we are Wills." Theo says grinning making Willow laugh.

"I can survive the night as long as I don't have to wear a hideous dress." Willow huffs.

✰✰✰
A/N: what's a story without a little angst :)