chapter 2

Even if I just met Darren this morning, I can't wait to ditch him. Seriously, this guy is so very clingy and noisy. I remember when we were waiting on the school grounds for the opening ceremony, he started moaning whenever he saw sexy girls or hot guys. Don't start with me with the hot guys because I know how to judge people by their looks. So back to Darren. He's embarrassing me in front of hundreds of students. Some made fun of him, while others were fine, saying things like, "hey dude, look at that man; I think he's still high from weed." I tried to get rid of him, but he's like a dog that can smell its owner's scent. Luckily, after the flag ceremony and welcome thingy, whatever it was called, I managed to get away from him. Can you believe it? He found a new friend in less than an hour, while I, well, what do you expect from an introverted person like me? I independently searched for my room number without him, and I was so thankful because we're not in the same class, but we're not lucky enough because we're in the same building and course, but that's OK as long as I'm away from him. 

"Since it's the first day of school, and as you know, this school has a tradition of never starting your class during the first three days. Well, not really having a class but specifically getting to know each other, meeting with professors, and the most exciting thing about your first week of class is." Everyone inside the room is very serious and is intently looking at our homeroom professor. I sighed as I looked away in front and fixed my eyes outside the window. A few students were outside doing their business. This is already our second class, but our prof in this subject didn't meet us today because, as our advicer said, there's no class for today.

"Finding your interest in clubs. Yes, you heard it right. We have a bunch of clubs here. Drama, sports, arts, etc." At the moment when Mr. Ramirez said the interesting thing about the first week of class, everyone became hyper. Noises filled the four corners of the room. I smiled lightly as I heard the word sports. God knows how much I love basketball. In fact, basketball was my first love. I was an MVP in my high school days, and other schools know that. They are scared to be our rivals in the tournament because they know they can't beat us. 

"Please stop making noises now.I know you are all excited about this, but we are begging you all to take this activity seriously. Once you've registered yourself, there's no backing out. Don't waste the officer's club's time and effort. " 

"Yes, Sir!" We shouted in unison. I could see that everyone was as happy and excited as me, but that happiness vanished the moment I looked outside the classroom. There goes Darren, standing outside, smiling widely while waving at me. Maybe his class has already ended since he's here.

"May I help you, sir?" I was busy glaring at him when Mr. Ramirez asked him. Everyone inside falls into silence.

"Uh-I was waiting for my friend Sire." Everyone, including me, laughed at his remarks. Even Mr. Ramirez laughed too hard and just shook his head.

"All right, let's wrap this up now and continue discussing it later because it's already time for recess." I'll thank Darren later for this. I removed my earphones from my left ear and placed them back in their proper place. One by one, they were already leaving, and some were just staying over to get to know each other. 

"You like basketball?" Darren asked me as I exited the classroom.

"You're aware," I answered shortly.

"Good, let's try it out together. I heard there's a Papi on their team. " He said seductively. I arched my eyebrows as I heard him say that.

"What's a papi?" 

"Oh my gosh, Ryan, hot and spicy bodies in short, handsome boys." 

"You're not gay, aren't you?" I curiously asked. What the fuck is wrong with this man? He just chirped like a bird, then smirked. 

"Oh come on, I'm not gay. It's just that I love those types of buildings. You know, big biceps. I have that one. Big butt and what? broad shoulders." He proudly said,

"Bruh, you're too small for that description." 

"Whatever. So let's try it out tomorrow." He genuinely asked. 

"Yeah, yeah, as if I have a choice. For now, let's find something to eat." We both agreed to find some food in the cafeteria, which was, Dude, I can't believe the whole cafeteria is full!Many students were trying to get in and out. 

 "It feels like we are back in high school days where students are ready to fight for their place if it is taken by someone." Darren said, out of nowhere. That's true; the situation right now is a mess. The tables were already occupied; there was no open space.Please, at least leave us some food. We were on our way inside when the girls, out of nowhere, suddenly squeaked like a fucking frog. Everyone inside the cafeteria turns their heads towards where the noise came from. 

"Oliver is so fucking hot! I won't mind if he throws a ball at me. " 

"Bitch, I won't get mad if he chokes me." 

Wild girls aren't my type. 

"Who's Oliver?" I asked Darren. Oh fuck, why did I ask Darren if he was a freshman here too, just like you, Ryan?

"Oliver? " You don't know Oliver? " I smacked him as an answer.

"Fuck dude, you like hurting people." He glared at me but I just shrugged it off. 

"That's Oliver Moy. Third-year college student on the basketball team. He graduated from our school as an MVP. I heard he was the captain in his first year, but not until his younger brother took over the title." I was staring at the boy named Oliver as I listened to Darren. Man, this guy is like Adonis. No wonder why girls are acting like that, but nah, I'm better than him. He was just like me, but with a little buffer. I guess he's taller than me, but not that I care. I'm still better looking than he is. 

"You said he's part of the team?" I asked again.

"Dude, were you even listening?" I throw a glare at him.

"Why don't we go and ask him for some advice? He may look like an arrogant asshole, but in real life he's a softie. I remember back then, when my friends and I decided to join a basketball team, he was so happy. " 

"People change, Darren. Look at him; he enjoys the drama given by girls." I said. I can judge a person by one look, and Oliver Moy is part of my red-flag list.

"Who wouldn't be? If I was in his shoes, I would do the same thing. Dude, the girls were all over you. Who wouldn't be happy? " 

"Me?"

"Yeah, of course it's you. Whatever, let's just buy some food now and we'll talk about try-outs later. " 

"No, we are not going to meet up later. I have a class, so you do. " 

"Come on, Ryan Boy. I heard what your prof said about the first day of school. I'm going to fetch you later and let's find Oliver." 

"Whatever." Someday, I will give him the upper hand. How dare he command me to do this and do that? And as for Oliver Moy, he'd better be nice to us.