chapter 23

"Ryan? Can I come in?" I hid my phone under my pillow and covered myself with a blanket. 

"Yes, mom."  I heard the door creak and footsteps coming towards me.

"Are you still not feeling well? It's been two days." It's been two days since I acted sick. It's been two days since I stopped coming to school, and it's been two days since Sebastian's confession. I don't even know why I'm acting like this. Why am I affected? I'm pretty sure he's laughing right now, knowing that I didn't go to school after what he said. Bet, bet my ass. What am I? A fucking lottery? 

"Ryan." 

"I'm not still OK. I still need three days of rest." I'm not ready to face him. 

"What? three days? Are you sure you're not acting? Ryan Nguyen! Tell me." Mom sat next to me as she took off the blanket that covered me.

"Did you get suspended?" Her voice was serious so her stare is. I wish I was, but nah, I'm just.. broken. I'm broken. Not that type of broken because of love.. it's just.. I'm broken. 

"No, mom. I swear, I'm just not feeling well." 

"Are you sure? Do you think it's better to see a doctor?" 

"I will be fine, Mom. Maybe tomorrow I'll be ok. Just give me some time. " I said as I took the blanket from her. My phone suddenly beeped, and I saw a message from Darren.

From: Don't answer

We're outside your house. Open up.

What the fuck are they doing here?

"Darren and Regie." I said holding my phone.

"What's with Darren and Regie?" Mom asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"They  are outside the house. Can you open it for them please? Tell them to go straight here." 

Mom nodded, "of course." She patted my head before going out of my room.  I waited three minutes when suddenly my door opened. 

"Are you dead, bruh?" That was the first thing they asked. I sat up and leaned on the bed headrest.

"What are you two doing here? Don't you have class?"

"The school is busy today. It'll be the weekend tomorrow, so there's no time to prepare for Monday's opening ceremony." Oh, college week is already on Monday. That was fast.

"What happened, bruh? You're missing in action for two days. You didn't tell us what's the reason." Regie sat on the swivel chair next to my bed. 

"Nothing. The school is boring." 

"Boring my ass. Come on, everyone is looking for you, especially the coach. " Darren said, in a low voice. 

"No, especially Seba-" 

"Shut up." Darren threw a pillow at Regie, but Regie quickly dodged it. I furrowed my forehead, seeing them fighting over what Regie said. If I heard it right, Sebastian was also looking for me. And why would he look for me? Nah, maybe because he's excited to see my pity face. Maybe he wants to see me after what he did. 

"Stop it, Darren! What's wrong with you." Regie whines as he walks towards me and sits on my side. 

"You know what." Regie paused.

"What?"

"I saw Sebastian yesterday. He was with Cinco and Teela." What? I'm not surprised if he's with Teela because that bch is a leech, but Cinco? What's going on?

"And?" I asked as if I wasn't curious.

"Nothing. It's just odd to see him with Cinco. After the fight that day, I was more expecting that Cinco would get his revenge, but seeing the two of them makes it more sus." Am I overthinking it? Yes, I am. Even me, I find it sus. I know that what Sebastian did was unforgivable, but after what Regie said, it makes me worried. Maybe Cinco is also part of the bet. If yes, then the fight is also a show.