Chapter 5 - How to tie a tie

“Thor! I have a bet for you,” you yelled across the room.

“Ah princess N/n!” Thor boomed from his circle of him, his brother, the warriors three and Sif. “What are the terms of this bet?”

You smiled as you approached seeing Sif and him sitting at each other's sides. Over the two weeks you've been here, you’ve noticed that Thor and Sif have a certain liking for each other.

You had asked Hogan about it, to which he told you, they both have been like that for a long time. Being cupid’s bow, you decided that enough time was given and that you had to do something yourself.

Loki raised his brow from the corner he was sitting in. Hogan knew exactly what you had planned, but Thor, Sif and Volstagg were just plain clueless.

You directed Thor towards you by curling your index finger. He raised his eyebrow as you leant up to his ear.

As you told him what his end held, which the others could not hear, his facial expressions raced through confusion, shock, and surprise before exclaiming, "What's in it for you?"

"If you can't do it without her asking 'what are you doing' or you stumbling, you go to Earth and get me books. I've heard that Midgard has a wide collection of different genres and I'd like a break from all the legends and myths. Besides, it would be good to attain extra knowledge about the planet."

You smirk at your brilliant scheme before pondering on it yourself. "Frigga might hold a test again soon. But if you do manage to do it, I will….”

You looked around the room, debating what should be your counter offer.

“Kiss Fandral! Yes, if you lose, you kiss Fandral!” Thor implied onto the bet.

“I wouldn't be so opposed to her losing,” Fandral whispered to Loki, who looked at him with a face of disgust and a hint of jealousy.

“Fine,” you declared with confidence as Thor walked towards Sif with a mischievous glint. She stood up, with a smirk and rose in front of Thor.

The prince’s hands curled around her waist immediately pulling her body to his, but before Thor could seal the deal, Sif’s knee jerked up, kicking him in his pelvis.

"Ow," Thor squeaked as he clutched his crotch. "You said she fancies me," he laid on the ground as Sif hurried around him apologizing.

"I do! It was just a reflex!" Sif cried.

"I win," you smiled as you looked at Fandral, " If you even think of touching me, I will rip your testicles off and feed them to you."

Fandral's face turned to horror at the thought of his childbearing organs being fed to him like a pig at a feast. Without his knowledge, the ends of Loki's lips tugged up, morphing into an small unconscious smile of pride.

"Now, my books," you reminded Thor who was still laying on the ground, "I'd prefer some guides and how-to books, and some magic books if any. Thank you," you tutted before leaving the room.

Sif laughed at Thor's condition on the ground, " Come on now! Get up and kiss me!"

\-/

“Y/n! I have returned with your books!” Thor barged into your room where you and Loki both sat studying dinner etiquettes for tonight's test.

"Finally! Now, what have you brought?" You stood up excitedly, exhilarated to have new literature.

"I've picked up several items which you had asked for. I've brought a series of magic collections, some myths and legends and this cool book about Earth food!" He pulled the wagon of books from behind him.