Chapter 26 - Don't touch it

"So," you brushed their hair, "What did you get your brother? You know his birthday is tomorrow!"

"Do I really need to get something?" Loki whined, "He already has almost everything."

"Loki," you sighed, "Just because it looks like he has everything, doesn't mean he does."

"He does, Y/n." they looked into the mirror, "He has Sif, Father's love and praise, the throne in a few years. What more could he need?"

"He has you, my love," you cupped their face, "And enough with the need for your father's approval. Thor, your mother and I all think you're amazing." you kissed their forehead. "You're our amazing Friggason."

"Friggachild," they corrected shyly.

"Sorry, Friggachild."

"Why don't we get Thor a weapon? Maybe a sword-"

"A dagger!" they jumped up and down excitedly, "Let's get him a dagger!"

"Why not?" you shrugged.

"and I can stab him with it!"

"LOki nO-"

\-/

"We agreed on the dagger on one condition, tell me what it is." you reminded them.

"No stabbing," they replied with a sulk.

"Good Loki," you say, ruffling their hair.

"Hey!" they giggle as they try to smoothen out their hair as best as they can, "I just brushed it this morning!"

"Your highnesses!" the bladesmith bowed in honour.

"Please, please," you tried to relax him, "We don't do that here."

"What can I do for you," he smiled, showing his old but pretty teeth.

"We'd like you to make us a knife, a dagger to be precise." Loki instructed him, "6 inches with a blade made of uru and the handle of pure skar. On the dagger, these exact words must be carved, so I suggest you get a quill and paper."

The old man rushed around his shop, quickly finding what he required.

"Always, my brother." They said, squeezing your hand tight. "I would like it made by tomorrow afternoon where I will order two guards to have it collected."

"Yes, your highness." bowed the man.

"Here," the royal handed over a bag of gold and rubies, "take this as payment and a gift, for you and your family."

"Thank you, Sire."

\-/

"It's quite lovely," They twirled the dagger in their hand, "Isn't it?"

"Not as lovely as you are," you teased as you tighten your corset, getting dressed for the ball.

"Such a coquette," Loki stood up from the bed, swiftly making his way towards you. Holding the laces of the corset, he pulled it tight.

The prince leaned down to kiss your neck, savouring the texture of your skin against his. You laughed at his loving action before stopping him, "You really adore covering me in lovebites before a formal occasion, don't you?"

"I just want the world to know you're mine," he smiled bashfully.

"My princey," you turned around to wrap your arms around his neck, his arms curling around your waist.

"My princess," he whispered before kissing you.

\-/

"This is boring," you huff uninterested in the events of the feast.

"This is just the entire kingdom coming together to watch Thor dancing on the table, drunk as hell," Loki replied. He suddenly sparked up, a small grin forming as he turned to you, "Want to go do something really fun?"

"Define fun," you teased.

"Oh come on," he laughed, dragging you by the arm. There he was, the small child you had fallen in love with.

\-/

"I present to you," he mimicked his father, "The Grand Vault of Odin!"

The room was filled with mysterious objects, but the most familiar thing was the gold that plates the walls and ceiling.

"I still can't believe we got past the guards," you laughed as you locked hands with him, "By just using a simple invisibility spell!"

"Well," the prince began to explain, "Most of the skilled guards are at the gates of the palace, so they must have needed replacement guards here."

"OOOH," you gasped, pulling Loki along with you to the shiny blue glowy cube, your gown trailing along beside you, "What's that?"

"That's the tesseract," he explained, "It's used as an energy source, and to teleport." He picked up the cube, tossing it between his hands. A dark cloud like mist engulfed him, making him reappear a few metres ahead. "Surprise!"

"That's now my favourite thing in this room," you remarked.

"What about me?" Loki whined, "Am I not your favourite?"

"Loki darling," you cupped his face, "I can hold my entire world in my hands."

"No you ca-," the realisation struck him, making him sniff, "I believe I have a reputation to maintain."

"Come on," you smirked, "You said you'd show me around."

"Oh yea," he smiled, pulling you ahead to a hammer sitting on a bed of rock, "And that is Mjlonir-"

"Jonathan," you renamed.

"What? No, it's Mjolnir." Loki reinforced.

"JONathan." you placed your hands on your hips as you made a disapproving face,

"Fine, Jonathan is going to be given to the next king when he comes of age, to Thor in a few hundred years, I suppose."

"That's nice," your attention was diverted to a blue box, some sludge looking thing trapped inside. "Oooh!"

Picking up the box, you noticed your hands start to turn blue, a clear indication that this was a jotun relic, "This is the casket of winters, isn't it?"

"Yes," Loki snatched it from you, "Please don't touch-"

He watched his hands turn blue, just as yours did. The smooth iciness creeping up his skin, all around his body. "wha-" he whispered to himself.

"Loki," called her voice. There she stood, at the top of the stairs, simply watching in horror as her son found out the truth.

He stood there, simply horrified at the discovery; of who he was; of what he was. Why wasn't he told the truth? Why was he raised here? Too many questions ran through his mind, and they would be answered in the next chapter.

 Why wasn't he told the truth? Why was he raised here? Too many questions ran through his mind, and they would be answered in the next chapter

good morning, my back hurts

- nino :)