Chapter 27 - His whole world

"What am I?" he questioned, "Am I cursed?"

"You are my son, Loki," Frigga stood at the top of the staircase, slowly making her way down, "But I cannot hold the truth from you any longer."

You just stood there, simply being a part of the room, not the conversation. Loki was a frost giant, like you. But how?

"You are the biological son of Laufey, Loki. A frost giant, a jotun," she explained. That was a nice thing about Frigga, she gives you time to process information. "I was told by your father not to tell you, but that doesn't matter anymore, you deserve the right to know."

"Why am I here?" he asked, voice frail and meek, as though he was a child again and he had lost his favourite toy.

"Loki, after the war was won, your father, he went to the temple and found you. The son of the king, a runt. He thought you could unite peace between the two kingdoms, but when Odin offered you back, they refused to take you. I wanted to raise you as my own, and so I did. The brother of Thor, and my son."

"What?" The boy found his knees grew weak, and it was ok, because he just found out that his entire life was a lie and it's ok to feel scared. But he didn't think it was ok, he found it weak, a point to shove him away. "Odin, he- he knew what I was from the beginning, and he- he always told me that the frost giants are heartless monsters and that they shouldn't be trusted, knowing all too well that I was one!"

"Loki!" Frigga's voice had risen, "I cannot speak for his actions, nor can I justify them. I told him to tell you about the past but he wouldn't listen and for the sake of peace, I told him that I'd tell you when you are ready to know."

The queen walked towards her son, and in an attempt to engulf him in a hug, he moved away.

"Don't come near me," he cried, "I'll hurt you!"

"You could never hurt me, my son." She pulled him by the arm, "And I am sorry for not telling you sooner."

He cried in her arms then, the tears that had threatened to spill rushed down his face, staining his cheeks. His body began to tremble as he took in shaky and staggered breaths. Frigga held out her arm, an invitation for you to join their embrace, to comfort your Loki.

You took his hand in yours, as he tried to give you as best of a smile as he could, which was just a simple look really. "This actually explains why Odin favoured Thor," Loki laughed to himself.

That dork, always using humour as a coping mechanism. You squeezed his hand while he winced, "I want to talk to him."

"You will," Frigga patted her son's head, "But let the celebrations get over, and Y/n can stay in my spare room if you want space."

"I don't mind," you smiled sympathetically while breaking the hug.

"I'd like that, thank you." Loki wiped his nose with his now tear-stained shirt. Leading him to his room and kissing his forehead with a soft 'good night' was no big deal considering how exhausted he was after his breakdown.

Standing outside the door with Frigga and a majority of your necessities, you sighed. You'd have to tell her the truth someday, right?

"This way, Y/n," The queen called.

"Frigga?" you looked up, "I really wish to talk to you about something."

"About?" she looked at you with her eyes squinting into a concerned look.

"I'd like to speak privately," you told her, "and in the morning as it's a bit lengthy to talk about."

"Of course, darling," she engulfed you into a hug as you reached the door of the room, "I'll be ready to listen anytime you want to tell me."