Chapter 8 - Truth or Dare?

Drinks were poured for the afternoon meal of beef and pheasants. Loki had let go of your hand as he took his seat beside Thor, which you didn't mind.

Throughout the meal, Sif complimented your quick thinking and idea of using magic in the battle. She kept joking about how you might replace her as Asgard's most fierce woman warrior. You laughed by assuring her that you didn't have your eye on anything other than self-defence.

Loki kept his scowl for the whole of the lunch. He was beaten by you of all people, when no one but Thor could defeat him if he held Mjolnir. Moreover, he was upset by his father's disappointment in him. Odin never stated the fact out loud, but today he did.

"LOki? I've been calling out your name three times," Loki was snapped out of his thoughts by Fandral.

"What?"

"You keep doing that. Daydreaming," Fandral raised a brow, "And I am sure it is about someone." Fandral looked towards you and Sif suggestively, raising his brows mockingly at Loki.

"Y/n?" Loki scoffed, "Why would I think about her?"

"I never said it was her," The blonde smirked. Loki felt the familiar sense of heat rush into his face.

"I wasn't thinking about her. And anyway, she's annoying and difficult, and she likes to insult me all the time," huffed the raven-haired prince.

"Whatever you say," Fandral smiled cunningly to himself, "Here she comes,"

"I have an idea," you shouted as you approached the table, "of a game we could play."

"Is it from one of those Midgardian things?" Volstagg spoke, his mouth stuffed with mashed potatoes and peas.

"It is actually," you pulled out a chair and sat with the back to your chest as Sif did the same, "It's called Truth or Dare."

You explained the details of the game which you had read the previous night, to the group, who nodded in understanding. "Most people our age play it," you added.

"Mortals live to 5000 years as well?" Hogan blinks in confusion.

"NO, no, I mean adolescents of Midgard usually play this game," you sighed.

"I'll start!" Thor grinned as he picked up a bottle from the next table, placing it horizontally and spinning it. The bottle twirled before landing on Hogan."Hogan, my friend, Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

"Do you miss your hometown?"

"Everyday," he smiled before asking whether to ask Thor a question or spin the bottle, to which you replied spin. The new victim of the game was Sif, "Lady Sif, Truth or Dare?".

"Dare."

"Go to that table and pour that Thor's mead over his head."

"Sif, SIf, No, NO!" Thor tried defending himself against the warrior woman who chased him with his pint. You all laughed heartily seeing the blonde prince being drenched in the amber liquid.

After everything was calm, and Loki used his magic to dry Thor, Sif spun the bottle, which landed on Fandral.

"Fandral, Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

"How many maidens' virginities have you claimed?"

"27, and 2 men." Fandral licked his lips in pride, remembering all the people he had made love to, while the others blew wolf whistles. When he spun the bottle, it finally landed on you.

"Princess, Truth or Dare?"

"Dare," you stated boldly. Oh, how you wished you didn't take a swig of mead as Fandral proposed your command.

"I dare you, princess, to kiss Prince Loki," Fandral smirked at his brilliant idea, while you choked on your drink and the prince's eyes grew wide and brows furrowed.

"What?" you both exclaimed in unison. "What do you mean kiss him?" you pointed towards Loki with an expression of disgust.

"That's my dare, Princess, or are you a pussy?"

"Don't insult what pleasures you," you fired back. "And I will kiss the prince, but only because it's a dare."

The blond warrior only smirked as he and his friends watched you walk over to the prince. You pulled the collar of his shirt, instructing him to stand. "Are you comfortable with this?" you asked for the young prince's consent.

In truth, Loki was still processing what happened, and simply nodded his head as a reply. You lifted your hand to cup his neck, pulling him down to your face.

You were still unsure why you were doing this, maybe to prove a point to a man, which you knew better than to do, but still, something inside you, felt the need to go forth with the command. Your eyes flickered from Loki's eyes to his lips, as he did the same.

You slowly moved your face forward, keeping in mind that this kiss is a dare, and not of affection.

Slowly, your lips met, and you could taste the apple cider off the prince's lips. You kissed him like how you wanted to five years ago, in the middle of which you stopped and just kept your face near his before pulling away. You hoped that Loki would pull you back to him, but then you thought, why would he? He doesn't care about you anymore. You mentally slapped yourself for acting affectionate to the prince, not taking your hand off Loki's neck, before answering Fandral. "There, I won the dare, Fandral."

"I was bluffing, but you actually did it!" The man laughed in astonishment.

"If you bluff when you ask me to kill you, don't say you were bluffing after my sword goes through your brain." You pulled away from Loki for good, allowing a gap to form that would be approved by high school guidance counsellors during prom.

"Please excuse me," Loki cleared his throat after he realised his voice was hoarse, "I have some duties to attend to, an assignment really, which I have to finish by today." Before anyone could tell him to stay a bit longer, which no one did, Loki got up and left.

You didn't bother anymore about the dark prince, trying to focus on the conversation, which somehow always led back to Loki. You knew this was not a good idea, growing feelings for the young prince, but it wasn't in your control, was it?

The rest of the evening was spent as so, until you decided to head to your quarters, only to find Loki fast asleep. With a loud sigh, you prepared to sleep as well. As you were braiding your hair for the evening, you heard the springs of the bed. Loki had rolled in his sleep and was now facing you.

Why would he even pretend to care? Was it all a jest? He wouldn't care about you, so stop thinking about him. You reasoned with your mind as you tucked yourself into the soft layers of bedding.

He doesn't care about you.

this is so angsty? tf? why 🏌️

- nino :)