Chapter 12 - Tests and Treaties

Tapping your pen on the table, you awaited today's lesson to be done with so you could see Nari.

That was her name, the girl who you had saved. Unfortunately, you had to undertake several procedures to attain justice for Nari, her father and her family. 

The Allfather thought this wasn't an issue of great concern, but you knew that a true ruler would put the welfare of their people first.

"Allfather, she is possibly just one of the hundreds of people that are facing the same thing! You cannot let this go on any longer!"

"Know your place, child!" Odin's voice reverberated through the hall, "Your father has instructed me that you see no one but the queen for your lessons and yet I have granted you freedom! Do not disrespect me like that!"

You stayed silent, but gritted your teeth together. That disgusting old grape sits on his throne, indifferent to the cries of the people. 

Loki, Thor and Sif remained silent throughout your entire argument with the king. They understood why this is a matter of concern, but what they didn't understand is why you were pushing the subject so hard.

Nari was healed in a few days, she was a young strong girl, even though she looked like a prawn, who loved dragons and wanted to be a valkyrie. She wrote you small letters every morning, but you could only visit her at night when she was fast asleep as you were burdened with duties during daylight.

"No class!" shouted Princess Edaline who walked in with an enormous stack of pages, "However, the queen instructed us to solve these." She handed out the pages, which was more of a research paper, and when you finally got yours, you realised it was a revision exercise of what you had learnt all this while. Your eyes hovered over the questions, answering them silently in your head.

1. What spell do the elves use to create fertilisers for the Karabus plant? How is the Karabus plant useful to them?

2.What is the precious metal of the dwarves of Nidavellir used for? What other purposes is it used for?

3. How do frost giants display affection towards one another? What is the display of love between two partners called in the local language?

Many other questions followed based on the cultures and history of the nine realms. You kept jotting down the answers to the entire page, making sure to add detail to each answer.

"What in the norns is a karabus?"

"I didn't know Jotuns made love."

"What is fertiliser?"

Questions of confusion were ignored by you as you quickly solved the questionnaire. Within minutes you were done."Edaline, I've finished. Do we give the papers to Frigga or leave it here?"

"You're done? How can you be done so fast?" she asked dumbfounded.

"She must have written down nonsense! No one can be done that fast, especially not her! "

"I beg your pardon?"

"you cheated!"

"Since your tiny little brains are all clouded by disbelief, I shall tell you the first three answers. The elves use the spell of Satrifa to grow the Karabus plant up to maturity, casting the spell twice in the evenings. The Karabus plant is used to heal internal bleeding and is frequently used by the warrior troops. The dwarves of Nidavellir use a precious metal called Uru, which is made by smelting the Urani rock by the heat of their second star, to cast weapons and shields which is what Thor's lovely Mjolnir is made of. And last but not least frost giants display affection towards one another by their act of Harn which is done by holding the other jotunn from behind and kissing their head. In the local language, the display of love is called Löstahiti. Now if you excuse me, I have a queen to meet."