Chapter 19 - Tell him

"Do I look alright?"

"You look fine princess," Loki tugged at your hand. You both were standing outside the hall where the feast of Vinna was being held.

You could hear the crowd buzzing and the faint smell of alcohol made you uncomfortable.

"Loki,"

"We're getting late!"

"I can't breathe- My corset-" The prince pulled behind you, immediately loosening the restricting clothing.

You gasped and inhaled air as quickly as you could to prevent your body from throwing up. You didn't want to go, even though you looked forward to the event for the entire week. "Thank you."

"Can we please go now? My father will get mad if we're not there in the next five minutes."

"Then go without me, I'll be there in a bit-"

"I'm not leaving you," he smiled, "If you have an attack, I'll be there."

"And if you have an attack I'll throw you off the balcony."

Loki said nothing but deadpanned. He took a hold of your hand, pulling your body towards him and the doors. "Come on, we'll do it together."

"Fine, but I want a dance,"

"Alright."

"Prince Loki of Asgard and Princess Y/n Njorddottir of Vanaheim!" You heard the announcer yell as you both walked down the huge staircase.

You could feel the eyes on you and the prince, tearing through your gaze. Maybe the reason you felt uncomfortable was that you hadn't done that in years, being trapped in a castle.

Loki held your hand through the entire promenade from the stairs to the table where the royals, warriors three and Sif were seated.

As usual, Odin was at the end of the table, Frigga to his left and Thor to his right. Thor was seated to Loki's left and you were seated to his right.

Besides you were seated by the other young princes and princesses, with the four Asgardians at the end of the table.

When you were all seated, Loki held your hand under the table, giving glances now and then to make sure you were ok. He was amazing, with you, making sure you were ok.

At long last, when the formalities were over with, you were allowed to do as you please.

Somehow the prince convinced you to stay throughout the ball, as he went to accompany a woman who had asked him to dance. Being polite and everything, he accepted, which made you think back to the diary entry.

Good enough. He was more than enough to you. He was everything, you thought as he danced with that woman, a woman he didn't even know.

"Lady Y/n?" Fandral's musky voice filled your ear as he extended his hand, "may I have a dance?"

Why not, you thought, and accepted his request. All while dancing with the blonde you couldn't help but glance over to Loki, with the suitor. Why would he fancy you? He obviously yearns for someone else.

"Are you a rock?"

"what?" Fandral's voice took you by surprise.

"Why can't you tell him?"

"Tell who what?'

"tell Loki you like him, you slice of bread"

"I beg your pardon?!" you exclaimed as a layer of heat coated your ears.

Your eyes darted to Loki again, a feeling of sadness at the thought of his rejection, "I don't like him."

"You can't lie to me."