Chapter 23 - Not enough

You headed back to your room after hearing that conversation. God, what is that old dick's problem? What is so wrong with frost giants? They're not the ones with frozen hearts, he is. You frustratedly made the bed, unable to control your anger by flinging the pillows off.

'You'll lose more than your eye, boy, you'll lose your heart.'

How dare that old hag think you would hurt him, the only person besides frigga, that you cared about. The faint shut of the door alerted you that someone was in the room. You spun around to meet a loki who seemed to be studying the tiles.

"Are you ok?"

"Uh," he sighed, "Not really."

"What's wrong? Did he not approve?"

Loki found it too hard to speak, too difficult to accept the truth, the truth that his father was disappointed and ashamed of courting someone who was part frost giant, and so he simply nodded his head. You opened your arms to him, embracing him softly as he clinged onto you.

"Why is nothing about me ever enough," he whispered -most probably to himself- so softly, that if you weren't in eachothers arms right now, you wouldn't have heard him. You pulled apart a little to face him, holding his shoulders to support him.

"What? Loki, you are enough. Everything you do is more than enough." you cupped his face, and his eyes faced down, not daring to look at you. "Who told you that you're not?"

"Me," he stuttered, "I just feel like I'm never good enough, like I'm not good enough for father, or to be a warrior and I'm not good enough as a partner. I've been making you shut up and do things you didn't want to do over the past few weeks in front of my father because I thought he'd approve of us."

"Darling," you connected your foreheads, "It was wrong, and I'm glad you apologised about it, but you don't need anyone's approval. You are Loki Friggason, God of Mischief and lies, Prince of Asgard and my lover. You are no less worthy than you think of yourself or anyone's comments and you will always be enough for me."

A tear rolled down his cheek, finally being able to cry properly, to get closure on this forever irritating topic he had. He slowly processed your words, before blinking his teardrops away and giggling. "Friggason?"

You gave him a soft smile, "Well, I don't think Odin was ever a good father to you, but your mother always has been. The Allfather doesn't deserve to call you his son, Frigga does. Friggason."

"You really think I'm good enough?"

"Yes," he blinked a lot, a clear sign of distress.

"What makes me enough?"

"What makes you enough?! LOki! You are crown prince of Asgard, a stupefying sorcerer and a warrior with skills to a blade. You are a learned person, well aware of the happenings around you and are suspended with knowledge. But most importantly, you are a living creature, who has the ability to love and be loved, and that is what makes you enough and will always be you enough."

You entwined your hands together, one hand lifting up his chin to face you, even though you were slightly shorter than him. Your finger traced over his cheek and jaw, marking the outlines of his gorgeous face.

"You are my everything."

"N/n," he paused, unsure of what he was going to say, which you noticed.

"You don't need to say anything if you don't want to," you pulled him towards the bed as you walked backwards, "Let's sleep together."

"Thank you," he finally looked at you, his eyes glossy red and lubricated from his tears. His pupils dilated impactfully when he looked at you, and then down to your lips. He slowly leaned down, as though it was his first time kissing.

His cold lips met yours, gentle as could be. You could taste something salty, which most probably was the mucus dripping down his nose and onto your mouths, but you paid no heed to it. He was all that mattered. "For being alive."

The words were muttered into your mouth as you sat on the bed, Loki on your lap. You held his hips against yours as he spread his legs wide. His right hand cupped your head as yours was clasped on his neck, fingers playing with unruly clasps of hair.

Loki forgot all about what happened with his father, and now was only focused on your lips and your tongue and your taste. It was the taste of valhalla to him, and the way your mouth fitted over his made his mind dizzy with pleasure. The prince couldn't deny how much he wanted you, how much safer he felt with you. He was foreign to this feeling in person, even though he had read several pages of this feeling.

He had read about how a person feels like when they are with someone they loved, someone they were in love with. They felt happy, they felt complete, like when they were with them, they had found a missing piece of their soul that they didn't even know was gone. Because they loved them.

Was this love? He thought, was it love? Was it love with you? Did he love you?

He couldn't keep concentrating on what was going on as he pulled down your dress, exposing your upper body but not below your breasts. His mouth travelled with sweet, wet kisses to your sternum, hands trailing your figure and you were getting over your drunken state, intoxicated by his lips.

"My Queen," he mumbled against your skin. You pushed Loki onto the side of the mattress, undoing his buttons to feel him. His hands were everywhere, both of you drunk on eachother. With his shirt off, you started to suck at the bottom of his neck, his nails digging into your back.

You both spent many lustful nights after the first time, learning and experiencing yourselves together. He liked it when you nipped at his thighs, before you would cup his balls.

It was quite amazing for you as well, finally relieving yourself from all those memories. Loki would kiss your scars, tracing them with the tip of his middle finger, to remind you of how beautiful you were, before plunging them deep into you.

"You know," he started to suck on your left breast, "This isn't what I meant by sleep together."

"Do you not want to continue?"

"Oh no, don't stop."

"I apologise, my queen."

"Good boy," you could feel his mouth curve upwards into a smile as he sucked on the right one. "Let me make you feel good tonight.

 "Let me make you feel good tonight

almost fucking forgot to post-

- nino :)