Chapter 25 - My everything

"I love you, ok?" His voice flowed smooth and soft. He loves you? He opened his mouth to speak again, "I think I am in love with you and that scares the crap out of me."

"You're always with me, by my side, and I like you, a lot. I like it when you hold me, when we cause mischief together. I like it when you cup my face and nibble on my lips when we kiss. I like when you run your hands through my hair. I like when you just look into my eyes and you don't even need to say anything."

"Loki-" you tried to say something before the prince interrupted you.

"No, Please. Just, just let me get it out." he sighed, "You, you mean so much to me, everything if I'm being honest. And I just can't see you leave, see you marry someone else. I've dreamed of you, your lips on mine, our bodies connected, and that, that's all happened. So why can't my dream of marrying you happen?"

He sat down on the bed, placing his head in his hands, and spoke again, "I'm sorry. Everyone says it's so wonderful being in love, all happy and everything, but they never tell you how much the loving hurts."

"I love you," he whispered, "So much."

You basically just stood there, frozen by his words. He loves you? You moved forward, your chest heaving with confusion.

"Why? Why do you love me?" you questioned softly.

"Why do I love you?" he snapped his sharp green eyes to look at you, "How can anyone not love you? You're smart, witty, intelligent and won't surrender to anyone nor anything. You understand the needs and requirements of a kingdom and if you don't, you try to learn their culture to understand them better. You treat everyone with respect and as your equals. Your inner beauty could not compare to your outer beauty, to your smile, to your laugh."

Loki gave out a small chuckle of pain, "How could someone as perfect as you be with someone as undeserving as me?"

"Loki, don't you dare call yourself undeserving because you're not and I am nowhere near perfect," you cupped his face in your hands, kneeling down beside him as you reassured him, "And I have but one question to ask of you; would you regret saying you, saying you love me, if I married someone else?"

"I wouldn't," he shut his eyes tight, the thought of you not being in his life anymore too painful to bear. "I didn't tell you that I love you to hear it back, even if I was unprepared at the moment, I told you because I want you to know."

You took a long pause as you sat down on the bed, pulling the prince into your arms to wrap him tight. You watched the curtains sway gently across the moonlit sky as you stroked his hair. You looked up at the moon before speaking, "I don't really want to say that I don't love you, I just want to tell you when I think I'm ready."

"You don't have to say it back, princess. Just let me love you." he pulled you closer, his back nested protectively into your chest.

The room was a bit dark, too dark for your liking. You lifted your arm, shimmering gold sparkles leaving your palm and scattering themselves across the room. Loki had his eyes open themselves to the newfound light in the room, leaving him in awe.

Norns, what can this woman not do? He thought.

A loud grumble disturbed the quiet peace of the golden room, the rumbling sound originating from the belly of the prince. He blushed in embarrassment, shrinking his neck into his torso.

"Wanna have a pantry robbery?" you giggled.

"Mischief?"

"We can turn the wine into snakes if you want," you suggested.

"Let's go!" he jumped off the bed, hitting your chin and making you bite your tongue. "Sorry!"

\-/

"Loki!" you called, "Slow down!"

"Oh come on!" he teased, "You're slower than a snail!"

"Actually," you panted out of breath, "A snail would think I'm fast."

"Boo-hoo," he huffed, opening and shutting cupboards, taking out biscuits, jams and dates- spinning around when you tried to steal one, "you whore."

"Hey!" you smiled at the demeaning but playful comment.

He held up a small cookie with hazelnuts and a jam filling up to your mouth, encouraging you to take a bite. He smiled as he watched you eat, watching with adoration and love.

"What?" You chuckled, with your mouth full, after you noticed his stare.

"Dance with me?" he requested. Raising his hand, a slow Midgardian song played from an instrument you recognized as a walkman that appeared in his hand.

Take my hand,

"You are such a," you fumbled as you both positioned your stances into those of waltzes, "What do they call it?"

"Who calls what?" he raised a brow as he clasped his hand on your waist, swaying to the music.

"The midgardians- Oh yes! A dork! You are such a dork!"

Take my whole life too,

"Hopefully, I can be your dork," Loki blushes.

For I can't help falling in love with you,

"You'll always be my dork," you assured as you leaned forward for a kiss.

"I love you," he reminded you.

The kiss was short but sweet, but held a certain feeling of endearment. His lips were cold and soft, and his tongue held the taste of chocolate. You could feel his lips tug up into a smile as he processed the lyrics of the song.

For I can't help falling in love with you.

"You're my everything."

he's my dumbass <3and u guys should sleep

he's my dumbass <3
and u guys should sleep

- nino :)