Time

I smiled at Trey as he led me back down the trail and back to the car. I dropped him off and headed home. I picked Key up on the way home, impromptu sleepover. We ran in the house brushing past Marcus into my room. I couldn't wait to tell her all about it. She just smiled and ooh and aah'd at our afternoon. We laughed like schoolgirls, Key was so happy for me and I was happy too. Keyanna was in the shower when Marcus came in my room.

"Danni."

"Yeah."

"I hope you don't mind but I was kind of eavesdropping."

"MARCUS!"

"What you came in here all excited! I wanted to know what was going on."

"Well, you could have asked."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Well I'm happy that you're happy, but don't rush into anything and keep your eyes open alright?"

"I wont."

"Your first kiss huh?

I just smiled thinking about Trey's lips.

"Wow you really like this guy?"

"Yes I do."

"Well you let him know that if he does anything to hurt my baby sister I'll kill him. And that I mean it with all of my heart."

"I love you too Marcus."

We hugged and Key walked in.

"I'll l let y'all two get back to talking, don't stay up all night either, school in the morning."

"Alright."

Keyanna hopped on the phone with Kenny and Trey and I texted each other back and forth until we both fell asleep.

The next few weeks Trey and I got into a routine. We worked out Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and in the morning on Saturdays and Sundays,. It was almost time for November break and the idea of Trey being gone for even just 5 days was killing me. Luckily when he did leave he'd agreed to let me take him to the bus station. The ride was silent, and then we got there.

'Alright, so, I'll see you Monday."

"Yeah, I guess."

The tone in my voice said it all we'd been spending so much time together. I'd actually gotten used to being with Trey. Being without him was really going to suck.

"Why are you so sad? You gonna miss me that much?"

'Yeah."

"It's only a few days, I'll call you."

"Okay."

"Cut it out."

He said turning my face towards his.

"you better be good too, don't be talking to no other boys while I'm gone."

"No. You don't go home and be talking to a whole bunch of girls."

"I'm only after you, you know that."

"That's what you tell me."

He smiled and brought his face closer to mines. When he started to speak again his breath danced over my lips.

"Imma miss you shawty."

"Yeah me too."

"I gotta go."

"Alright."

Trey gave me a kiss and got out of the car. Watching him walk into the terminal my heart sunk. He was definitely doing something to me. It sucked being on vacation, I was stuck hanging with Marcus. Key had went down south to be with her family for the holiday. These times of year were usually the hardest for me and Marcus. I tried to keep busy with work and homework, but waking up Thanksgiving day was tough. I got up and walked downstairs and saw Marcus flipping through a photo album. I went and sat next to him, they were the most recent pictures of mom and dad before the accident.