Valentine's.

I know you said that roses are so played out. These are unique and beautiful just like you.

A smile stretched across my cheeks and Marcus laughed.

"Whoo wee. Somebody is going in for Valentine's day."

Key got her things together and gave me a hug. Kenny was outside to pick her up. I promised to tell her everything and waited for whatever was next. An hour had gone past and nothing, no phone call or anything. I was about to call Trey when I heard a horn honk. Rushing downstairs Marcus met me at the window. Someone was outside in an all black Avenger. The driver side door opened and I almost died when I saw Trey dressed up in a suit. He walked to the door holding candy.

"Danni go upstairs you're not supposed to let him know you're waiting."

Marcus said shoeing me upstairs. I stood at the landing after grabbing my jacket and purse.

"Hey Marcus is Danni here?"

"Yeah she is."

Marcus called my name but I decided to wait a few more moments before going downstairs. I listened to the conversation.

"So where are y'all going?"

"Oh I got something special set up for Danni. Kind of a surprise."

"Umm hmm. I think it's sweet that you doing all of this but don't be trying to get in my sisters pants."

"Nah man."

"I'm watching you."

Marcus said placing a firm grip on Trey's shoulder. Trey's smile faded away a little bit but it came back when I walked down.

"Hi Trey."

"Daniela. You look beautiful shawty. Key did a great job picking out that dress."

I walked over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He handed me the box of candy he was carrying and I looked out the window.

"Who's car?"

"Mines. Valentine's day present from my mama."

"What!"

"Yea she'd been promising since before I left for fall semester, but some things came up so she sad I had to wait. I woke up this morning and it was outside the suite with a bow on it."

"Aww."

Marcus cleared his throat.

"Hate to spoil the moment, but what time you think you'll be home."

I just glared at him.

"I won't have her back too late Marcus."

"I know you won't."

Trey looked at me.

"You ready shawty?"

"Yeah."

He opened the door and we headed to the car. After opening the passenger side door for me he was walking around to get in when Marcus yelled.

"Remember what I said."

Trey waived him off and got in.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

I smiled and leant over giving Trey a kiss on the cheek. He was making my first official Valentine's Day more special than I ever could have dreamed of.

We drove for about 20 minutes I didn't know where we were going until we pulled up to some suites that were outside of town. He parked the car and came and helped me out the passengers side.