New Friend

I almost choked.

"Um no, I don't share mines."

"Oh my bad. I thought you was into that."

"Just cause I gave you a compliment doesn't mean I'm gay."

"I am."

She said smiling devilishly.

"Alright well I'm bi. But Rendell you know that's my baby though."

I just looked at her.

"Look we the two flyest bitches here with the two dopest niggas so it's only right we get acquainted right?"

Must have been the alcohol or the fact that I was tired of sitting in the house all the time. But me and Vita spent the whole night talking and drinking. She was really cool once you got past her hood-girl attitude. The stories she told me about her life had me both entertained and amazed. She'd been through a lot and I could tell anytime spent with her was sure not be without incident. Excitement sort of from this mundane existence I'd called living with Trey. It was nearing 4 and I was drunk. Trey noticed and decided that we'd better head home.

"Vita boo! Call me!"

"Alright baby I am!"

Rendell and Trey shook their heads before saying their goodbyes and helping us both to their cars.

"I see you and Vita hit it off real well."

Trey said driving home.

"Word we did! She's mad cool baby. I fucks wit her."

"You what with what?"

"I fucks with her!"

"Don't start talking like no hood rat."

"Man whatever to you. Yo she asked me if I wanted to have a threesome!"

I laughed and Trey's face became serious.

"Was this before or after the alcohol?"

"During. She said I was the baddest bitch in there besides her. I mean I know my ass grew and shit but damn I ain't know bitches was checkin me too."

Trey just shook his head.

"Danni, you're drunk, and annoying,. Shut up."

"You gon give me some when we get home?"

"No."

"Pleassssssssssssse?"

I whined wriggling in my seat.

"Maybe if you act right the rest of the ride home."

"Okay I'll be quiet."

I put my finger to my lips and looked out the window. Trey giggled and my phone vibrated. I looked down and saw it was a text from Vita.

I know he about to tear that thang up tonight!

I laughed. I made a friend. Maybe this summer wouldn't be so boring after all. The next day when Trey was at work and I was bored my phone rang. Vitas number popped up and I smiled, finally some relief.

"Hello?"

"Yo baby what you doin?"

"Nothing sitting in the house as usual."

"Oh nuh uh, it's mad nice everybody outside and Trey got you sittin in the crib?"

"Yeah."

"Get that ass dressed I'mma come scoop you in like 20 minutes."