Chapter 5: Mr. Wick

Ever since Rover had told her about Mr. Wick, the more she wanted to know about him.
He was, in fact, from the last time she saw him, very good looking. But Rover also pointed out that he was quiet. And to be honest, she believed him, which was alright... But so was she... There was no chance they would be together... Right? Also, he might be already taken! Even though Rover didn't mention a woman at all, she didn't want to get her hopes up.

She saw Mr. Wick again, this time near her own home, did he know that I'm here? Or is he not paying attention?
She watched as he roamed around the edge of the creek with his dog, a pit bull to be exact. She liked dogs, but her daughter Mina adored cats, so of course, they got a cat. But now Mina was gone, and Molly was all Anastasia had, not that she had a problem with that.
She could still remember his features, but the best feature was his eyes, beautiful dark brown eyes.
She considered her own eyes plain and simple.

'Old lady'.

She whispered to herself. She was 44, and already withering away... Well, that's what she says.
He's still roaming around with the dog, then suddenly he turned his head. It looked like he was looking over to her, and Anastasia froze, the cup tea shook in her grip, can he see me? She didn't move, maybe he can't, but if she moves then he'd spot her.
He'd stopped walking, and Anastasia could make out that he had a strong build, he obviously worked out.
She wanted to know more about him.
Maybe google, or Facebook might help her, but that was the thing, she rarely used it, so who's to know if he even had Facebook.

'Damn it'.

She gritted her teeth, there was no point, she didn't want to waste her time.