Chapter 6: When In Need Go See A Friend

Detective Rovers wife had been Anastasia's friend for a while, 2 years basically. She was quiet and polite, but behind that facade she was a fiery woman, that side where she was quite comfortable showing Anastasia.

'So you saw Mr. Wick taking his dog for a walk near your house?'

She asked as she took a bite of the cookie.

'Yes, I thought he wasn't aware of me living close... Well Rover admitted that he and I lived a while away from each other'.

Stacey cocked an eyebrow at her, 'if he lived a while away, then how come you saw him roaming around the edge of the creek near you?'
That was a very good question...

'Huh... I don't know'.

She traced the rim of the cup with her finger, 'what did I do wrong with Alan?'
She changed the topic just like the wind, and she also knew that Stacey didn't have the answer for it.

'I'm sorry Annie, but I will tell you this, although it hurts, you should move on, it looks like he has, it's hard at first of course, but you can't keep pining over someone whose just going to waste your time'.

She smiled in a way that Anastasia knew that something was up, 'go on', she rolled her eyes.
'Maybe you should look into Mr. Wick's-'

'Great idea, but it's not happening, he's too... Quiet'.

'What?! But you haven't gotten to know him yet!'

'Also... He looks intimidating'.

Stacey shook her head, 'honey, if you end up wanting to love someone, you're gonna have to try and not sit on a mountain judging a book by its cover'.
She was right, Stacey was always right, which pissed Anastasia off greatly.

When she got back she tried to think of a plan, you've just realised that you actually have a neighbour, what should I do?... Give him a gift, maybe a hamper?

'What do you say Molly?'

The cat meowed quietly whilst licking its leg.