Chapter 20: Something's Not Right

Her?

Her?

Anastasia sat on the couch silently, she had zoned out once again, not even Molly could grab her attention.

What was the leading evidence against John?

'Molly?' 

She suddenly said though the damn cat didn't talk she would always talk to her when she had something on her mind.

'He seemed rather adamant that he didn't hurt someone, John seemed certain... He was saying her, and I'm just realising something.

Her mind went back to the memory of Alan. When he had his hands around her throat, he had said her as well... Was he talking about this bones that were found?

That can't be possible, at one point Rover had asked her about when she had moved here with Alan, which was only 2 years ago.

She shook her head, 'that can't be possible... Right?' She looked down at Molly who meowed and began to rub against her side.
She had to see John, she wanted to know who this victim was to him? He said that he'd only saw her once.
She had called Rover, he was always a good friend, she had no clue what was going, and she wanted to know what happend with John.

It wasn't long before she heard a knock on the door and she opened it up to see Rover once again, the new evidence was a screw driver, with John's fingerprints on the handle.
She wanted to see what the screw driver looked like, for some reason she felt that there was something wrong with it.

'Hey'.

She could hear how clipped his tone was, 'I'm sorry Anna... I know it was a shock to you'.
She led him into the kitchen.

'Who was it that was found in the creek?'

'Her name was Emma Rita'.

Emma Rita.

'I'm sorry for bugging you-'.

Rover put his hand up to stop her, 'I'm sorry that you had to see that... I figured you and John were-', he made some gestures and she sighed, 'well... I guess so, and it's quite alright, if he was the killer then I'm glad that you came when you did'.
Rover could tell that she had something else on her mind, 'you want to talk to John, don't you?'

This was a big thing that Rover was doing, he wasn't meant to be filling her in with things like this, but this case hit close to him with Anastasia.
Anastasia thought back to when John was being taken away.

'I... I want to understand what's going on... Please Rover-'.

'It's alright, I understand, but you need to be careful, we all need to be careful'.