Chapter 10: Return

'So, what've you been up to since Andrew and I have been gone?'

Anastasia took note of Mina's disregard of Alan. She brought out he brownies, 'well, not much, been cooped up in here with Molly, I might go on a holiday and go to France or Belgium'.

'I here Canada is a great place to go to'.

Mina giggled as she took a bite from her cookie, there was a sudden glint in her eye and Anastasia knew that Mina wanted to ask something.

'Go on'.

She said, 'I know you want to ask-'.

'Has dad spoken to you lately?'

Anastasia frowned, 'no... Well, he came over to grab a box full of things that he had forgotten', Mina nodded, 'he contacted me and asked if I'd like to meet up with him'.

'Oh really? That's nice, when are you-'.

'I'm  not going to see him, mum'.

Anastasia stopped midway from eating her cookie, 'why not? He's your father Mi-'.

'Not a good one mum, and you know that'.

Anastasia sighed, placing hte cookie down on the little place before her, 'Mina, that's not fair on him, your father and I don't see eye to eye anymore, but he stil-'.

'You say that she still loves Andrew and I... But he really doesn't'.

'What makes you think that?'

Mina shrugged and took a bite from her cookie, 'when he was on the phone, he didn't sound like he meant it, it's as if he was not making the effort... Like he was just making a point that he does call to check up on me... I have a feeling he's doing that to Andrew'.

Anastasia sighed, 'I'm sorry honey, I really am, I could try to ta-', but Mina shook her head quickly, 'no! Don't talk to him mum, you say you and dad don't get along, I don't wanna make it worse, I'm 21, I can handle this situation myself, I just... Need to talk to you- I'm not here to talk just about dad, I genuinly want to know how you are'. 

'I understand Mina, and thank you, it's been a while and I'm glad that you came over. If it's not busy back at the University, then maybe I could come around and have a coffee with you, and maybe your friends?'

Mina smiled, her eyes glowing, 'that would be awesome mum! My friends can't wait to meet you, I've told them a lot about you!'
Anastasia laughed, 'what's there to tell honey? I didn't do anything amazing'.
Mina stayed silence for a few moments before answering.

'You looked after all of us... That makes you amazing'.