Chapter 7: Lovely To Meet You

The way Rover had put it, he made it sound like it was a massive trip.
Anastasia still needed to use a car though, there was no way that she was walking.

She parked not too far from the front of the house.
It was a beautiful place, better than hers to be honest and it made her slightly jealous.
Her heart was pounding against her chest as she knocked on the door.

Go back, dump the fucking hamper and run, get in the damn car and gun it back home whilst you've got the chance!

To her dismay the door opened, revealing the one and only, Mr. Wick.
Silence, absolute utter silence, until he spoke, deep and calm.

'May I help you?'

His voice broke her out of her trance, 'oh! Ye- I mean n- well, I was just', she closed her eyes for a moment before starting again.

'My name's Anastasia, I'm your neighbour, I have a feeling you've seen my house, but... I've never actually seen you, so I wanted to say hi... And give you a little gift as well'.

She lifted the little hamper to show.

Oh fuck he's gonna reject it and close the door in my-.

'Thank you'.

She almost missed that, 'uh, you're welcome!' She stood on the front step awkwardly before pointing back to the car, 'anyway I best be off!' She noticed that he was going to say something, but she knew she would faint if she stayed any longer. He was so handsome up close and she couldn't handle him, 'I hope you like the hamper! I hope to see you around, goodbye now but not forever'.
She gave him a gentle smile and headed back to her car, making sure she didn't slip or trip, that was the last thing she'd want to do in front of him.

Get the fuck out of here, now!

Anastasia hit the gas and drove away, her eyes flick to the rear view mirror and to her surprise, she saw him watching her, the hamper still in his hands.
A pant of guilt pierced her chest.

That was really rude...