III

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

Beyoncé hummed as she rode her bike, Lauryn Hill played through her ear buds as she smiled—her honey blonde hair flowing.

There were 2 things that calmed her down, music and riding her bike. She loved riding at night—and night time in general. She knew she should be worried about being kidnapped—or getting hurt in general.

But Beyoncé believed because she took karate when she was 12 and carried a pocket knife with her 24/7 she was fine.

She stopped outside her house and sighed, removing her earbud and pausing her music she heard a door slam a little far away and looked across the street.

She heard—and saw yelling.

"Fuck you! You don't even care about me!" She heard someone yell and Beyoncé adjusted her glasses.

"Go be a fucking high ass brat somewhere else! See if I care Onika!" She heard a different voice yell before seeing a door slam.

She saw the girl outside walking—fuming.

Wait—

Onika?

Beyonces eyes widened at the name and immediately got back on her bike—it didn't take her much time to catch up with her.

"Hey—" Beyoncé tried and Onika put her hand up.

"No I don't give blowjobs get the fuck away—" She turned around and her hard demeanor softened when she noticed it wasn't a creepy guy.

"I uh—sorry to disappoint—that wasn't exactly goal." Beyoncé joked scratching her neck and Onika let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah—sorry. Just—people don't usually approach me especially on the street for a friendly chat—at night." Onika muttered as she kept walking. Beyoncé hopped off her bike and started walking with her—still holding her bike of course.

"Oh it's uh—fine. I just—wanted to see if you were okay?" Beyoncé asked and Onika stopped for a second.

Onika looked at her and Beyoncé met her eyes—before scaling them down.

Onika was wearing a oversized hoodie—it was unzipped and honestly didn't look like it belonged to her.

She had a rug rat T shirt on that honestly looked kinda small for her and plaid pajamas—with beat up converse.

"You're that girl from—the club right? Tall glasses girl." Onika said snapping her fingers and Beyoncé smiled a bit.

"Bey—once? Is that how you pronounce it?" Onika asked and Beyoncé nodded.

"Yeah. Okay. So tell me why—you give a fuck?" Onika asked and Beyoncé was a little taken back. "I mean—most people don't usually care about someone they met half drunk at a club a few nights back." Onika explained with a light smile.

"I don't think I'm like most people." Beyoncé said and Onika and her shared a look. Neither of them were sure what it meant.

"Huh." Was all Onika said.

"Do you—want to get a snickers bar with me?" Onika asked and Beyoncé laughed a bit. "A snickers bar? People usually ask me out for a drink. Not a candy bar." Beyoncé explained smiling.

"Yeah I know I just—really need to get out the house." Onika said and Beyoncé but her lip. She wanted to know what that was all about back there.

"Who uh—was that?" Beyoncé asked and Onika groaned.

"My sister. More like my warden." Onika muttered kicking a few stones out her way as she walked on the pavement, and Beyoncé walked her bike on the street next to her. No cars were passing by.

"Do yall normally yell at each other? I mean my parents used to tell my sister and I to shut up whenever we fought." Beyoncé said chuckling at the memories.

Onika just stayed quiet.

"Yeah—they would too." Onika said ominously. Beyoncé looked over to her—she didn't understand how someone could still look good only being shined up by the street lights and lights of the convince store they had no reached.

Beyoncé parked her bike on the side and walked in with Onika, the girl reached for about 7 snicker bars and Beyoncés eyes widened. "Are they your favorite candy or something?" Beyoncé asked.

"More like—an outlet." Onika said with a light smile. Beyoncé noticed she was smiling but she didn't seem happy, no dimples were showing, her eyes didn't shine like a normal persons would.

Beyoncé thought about that—an outlet? What does that mean?

Onika plopped all the snickers on the counter and pulled out a crumbled up 20 dollar bill.

She payed for them all before passing Beyoncé one when they stepped outside. Onika raked her fingers through her before sighing and then laughing.

"What's so—funny?" Beyoncé asked and Onika sighed looking at Beyoncé.

"Are you sure you still like me?" Onika asked and Beyoncé thought back to the club—when she said "I think I like you".

"I think so." Beyoncé stated and Onika didn't seem like she believed her. "What about me?" Onika asked. She said expected to get the same exact answer she always got.

She watched Beyoncé think as she tapped her foot.

"I'm not sure. I think it's your personality. And how you present yourself." Beyoncé said and Onikas eyes widened before chuckling.

"You're the first person to say that. " Onika said absentmindedly and Beyoncés eyes widened. "What? That I like your personality?" She asked.

"I don't think you'll be thinking that for long." Onika mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Beyoncé asked. Onika started to walk away and Beyoncé stayed standing in confusion.

"People talk Beyonce, that's all." Onika said walking backwards with a smile on her face—bag full of snickers in her hand and a untied shoe.

"Should you be walking by yourself?" Beyoncé asked raising her voice so Onika could hear as she walked away.

"Should you?" Onika asked looking over her shoulder while smiling. Beyoncé noticed this smile seemed real. She winked at Beyoncé as she walked by herself.

__________________________________

Sup y'all, new book!

Duality chapter coming out soon i gotta edit some stuff because I'm indecisive

Questions for the book!

What do y'all think Onika was referring to?

Why do y'all think Onika and her sister were fighting?