XXII

Onika Tanya Maraj

Days at Bootcamp: 14.

.
.
.

Onika was still struggling but she definitely has made progress.

When her farther woke her up she didn't complain about getting up outloud anyways. She got up and started to jog with him.

"This sucks. I hate this." Onika said as she collapsed on the sand again; her farther was just smiling. Onika was too busy trying not to pass out to realize she lasted a little longer before falling.

He handed her cold water, "Good job." He stated and Onika smiled a bit as she wheezed. "Wheezy." He stated and she groaned as she laughed at her.

"That was a good workout, you should probably stop falling onto the sand it will increase your chances of actually passing out." He stated and Onika was still trying to breath.

"Fuck you." Onika said—but she was smiling as she looked up at her farther.

"Fuck you too." He said back grinning.
.
.
.

Days at Bootcamp: 14.

Onika was the one to wake her farther up this morning, she ran into his bedroom and jumped on his bed like she did when she was a little kid.

"Bastard! Get up! Get up!" She yelled and he groaned.

"I'm not even up this early Onika." He said and she just fell on the floor when he pushed her off.

She didn't mind, she was still smiling as she laid there.

"Dad." She said and he opened one eye, he turned on his lamp that was right next to his bed and looked down at his daughter.

Her hair was a mess, she was wearing that T shirt he thinks is nerdy again—along with wearing his sweatpants that he isn't sure how she can fit —but she was smiling.

"I don't feel it anymore." Onika stated and her farther had just woken up—so he was slightly confused on what she was talking about.

"That—that urge. I don't—I don't feel it anymore. 2 days ago I thought maybe it was a off day, yesterday though I didn't feel anything and now.." She trailed off.

"You're not having withdrawals anymore." He stated finally realizing what his daughter was talking about.

She turned her head towards him with tears pooling at the corners of her eyes, she started shaking her head.

"I-I'm not."

She said crawling into his bed and hugging him. "Thank you." She said into his shoulder—the two hadn't had an actual hug in years, besides the one where Onika came in panicked and drunk.

He smiled rubbing her back. "I'm proud of you Oni." He stated going back to her original nick name.

"I want you to remember though, just because you're not having it physically doesn't mean it isn't still there." He said and Onika frowned.

"It's called psychological withdrawal. It can last up to 2 years Oni." He stated and Onikas mood was dampened.

"Don't let that discourage you though. Recovery isn't easy. You'll still be second guessing yourself at times too. Don't listen to that little voice alright? I'm happy you're immediate with-drawl is gone, but I can tell you had an emotional connection to whatever drug you were using." He stated and Onika gulped. He was right.