XII

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

"That one kinda look like a spoon." Beyoncé said attempting connect the stars in the sky.

"A spoon? I don't see it." Onika said lying next to her.

The two were staring at the stars together in Beyonces backyard. Her sister was out again with some friends and they found themselves in the taller girls backyard.

"That one looks like a cat." Onika said pointing and attempting connect the dots. Beyoncé nodded in agreement.

"I miss doing this." Onika said looking up at the sky and Beyoncé turned to her, "You used to do this alot?" Beyoncé asked and Onika nodded with a faint smile on her face.

"My sister and I—we'd spend some of our summer nights looking at stars together—we'd fall asleep outside in our dads tent he had up for us back there." Onika said and Beyoncé noticed how her smile was there—but it didn't show her dimples.

"You guys looked really cute in those photos—like when y'all were dressed up like 90s rappers." Beyoncé said and Onika laughed a little at the memory.

"I think we were going to a halloween party with our dad—and Ming and I crashed on so much sugar that night." She said as she smiled. Beyoncé noticed this time her dimples showed.

"I mean like—I'm pretty sure we yelled "Hit Em Up!" by Tupac in the back of the car with our dad on the way there. Our mom would've gotten so mad at us." Onika said laughing falling back on her back.

"Are you and your sister—close?" Beyoncé asked and Onika sat up a bit. "I'm not sure." Onika said truthfully.

"We've been through so much together—and you'd think that would make our bond stronger but—I think it weakened it." Onika said sadly.

"and I think it's my fault." Onika said and Beyoncé sat up. "I doubt that Onika." Beyoncé said and Onika turned to her—even though it was night—Beyonces back porch light was on and she could clearly see Onikas glossy eyes.

"I put her through a lot Yonce." Onika said, she could tell her voice was going to crack soon.

"What could you have possibly done? I mean like—I don't think you can do much wrong." Beyoncé said honestly and Onika felt even quilter as she looked down.

"Teenager me would greatly disagree with you." Onika said lightly laughing at her own expense.

"What was teenager you like?" Onika asked and Beyoncé had to think.

"Socially awkward as hell." Beyoncé responded and Onika smiled a bit. "I like hated doing anything like—social." Beyoncé said remembering her teenage years.

"We do realize we met in a night club right?" Onika said laughing a bit. "Yeah, yeah I know. I never said I was still that awkward." Beyoncé said.

"You sure about that?" Onika said nudging Beyoncé. "You are so mean." Beyoncé said playfully nudging Onika back.

"What's you and your sisters relationship like?" Onika asked. Beyoncé smiled at the mention of her sister.

"We're pretty close. No matter how much we annoy each other sometimes. She's helped me through alot." Beyoncé said and Onika liked how she smiled talking about her.

"Have you talked to her about the whole "maybe i wanna drop out" thing?" Onika asked and Beyoncé sighed.

"You're like the only person I talked to about it. Not even my parents know that I'm not exactly enjoying the college experience." Beyoncé mumbled and Onika noticed her change in mood.