VIII

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

Beyoncé noticed the following week Onika seemed more paranoid, more confused—and out of it. She seemed to go back to "normal" after a few days though.

Beyoncé really wanted to hang out with her again like they did last week, she felt at peace and she didn't feel annoying as she talked about random stories from her childhood with Onika.

Beyoncé sat near the outside entrance waiting for Onika. She looked up and eventually she saw her, looking down at her phone texting someone.

"Onika!" Beyoncé called and Onika lifted her head up and looked around every direction but Beyonces. "Here—dummy!" Beyoncé directed and Onika turned her head to the source of the noise.

She smiled a bit and rolled her eyes before walking over and sitting right next to her.

"What's up?" Onika asked and Beyoncé noticed how good she smelled. "Do you—want to hang out again possibly?" Beyoncé asked and Onika tapped her chin a few times.

"Maybe. You didn't kidnap me last time. Where though?" Onika asked and Beyoncé shrugged.

"I've only been here for like 3 weeks. And I don't really go out to places." Beyoncé said honestly. She felt a little stupid asking Onika out when she didn't even know where.

Onika tapped her chin thinking of where. She grinned, "Have you gone shopping here yet?" Onika asked and Beyoncé shook her head.

"Oh my god you need to go one of the malls around here—their full of like—everything. And they stay open till around 9." Onika said and she sounded excited.

Malls weren't usually Beyonces thing, mostly cause as a kid she was forced to walk around them for hours while her mother had like 1 bag in her hand the whole time.

"Can we go?" Onika asked looking up at Beyonce and Beyoncé noticed the closeness.

"I—sure—where is it?" Onika grinned. "It's near us— I don't know the exact directions but we can just use a GPS." Onika said as she got up.

"What time?" Onika asked and Beyoncé shrugged. "7?" Beyoncé asked and Onika nodded. "7 it is."

Beyoncé watched as Onika skipped to the entrance with her bag over her shoulder. "See you!" She yelled and Beyoncé stammered.

"S—See you—too?" Beyoncé let out and she groaned to herself.

.
.
.

Onika Tanya Maraj

Onika knocked on the same apartment door she did numerous times before, waiting anxiously.

She saw the door start to unlock and saw Lauren looking at her, before moving out of the way. Onika eyed the bottle of xanax on her table.

"I thought you'd still be knocked out from last night not gonna lie." Lauren said as she leaned on her closed door with her arms crossed.

"Yeah me too." Onika said scratching her neck. Lauren saw how Onika was eyeing the bottle and picked it up handing it to her. "You can have it." Lauren offered and Onikas eyes widened.

"I—I've never.." Onikas done drugs before mostly painkillers like xanax before as well. Onika was prescribed it a little while ago for her anxiety—but her dose is usually low—and she hasn't had it in awhile because she doesn't like admiting she still has anxiety.

"I—I'm not really here for that." Onika said low with her eyes still on the bottle. Lauren smirked. "Oh come on Onika. We do this every-time.." She said as she stalked closer to Onika.