XI

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

"You should pick up your jaw." Beyoncé heard her sister say next to her. Beyoncé immediately did and blushed slighty.

Onika wasn't working the life gaurd shift today—she was teaching old people how to play tennis.

And Beyoncé never exactly had a "type" or has a certain thing she found attractive about woman but she felt like a teenager again when she froze seeing Onika in a tennis skirt.

Beyoncé went back to her task—which was to reliever beverage's to those same old people playing tennis.

Beyoncé walked over and Onika looked up and smiled at her— "Oh thank you." The little old lady said and Beyoncé just nodded. "I think i'm gonna take a little break Onika." The woman said and Onika helped her sit down in one of her shade areas.

"Oh you're such a doll. Thank you." The older woman said and Onika grinned. "It's no problem. Don't wear yourself out Ms. Joann." Onika warned playfully before jogging over to Beyoncé.

"You—uh—can play tennis?" Beyoncé asked and Onika smiled at how she was stammering.

"It's pretty easy when your opponent is a old lady. She just enjoys playing it because it makes her feel young—and she's actually really sweet. I think she's my favorite regular." Onika said looking back at the older woman drinking her lemonade.

"Wow you really do have a starring problem." Onika said turning back and Beyoncé looked away immediately.

"Jesus christ I'm sorry—" Beyoncé attempted to apologize and Onika just laughed.

"It's fine. The days almost over—sorry I didn't get to spend my break with you." Onika apologized. Beyoncé just shook her head. "It's no big deal." Beyoncé mumbled.

"Did you miss me?" Onika asks nudging Beyoncé and the girl scoffed. "Totally not." Beyoncé said playfully.

"Hmph. Well I missed you." Onika said and Beyoncé couldn't contain the warmth she felt when Onika said that. She didn't know if it was because it's hot outside or because Onika said she missed her.

"Hey Onika?" Beyoncé asked as the two began walking to the main club house.

"Yeah?" The shorter girl responded. "Do you wanna watch the sunset again? Today? With me? Like—" Beyoncé stammered again and Onika couldn't contain her giggle.

"Yeah definitely. We haven't watched it in like 2 weeks. Sorry about that." Onika said and Beyoncé didn't mind. She was just happy the two got to hang out.

As they kept walking and talking, Beyoncé noticed a guy nudge Onika causing the shorter girl to stumble back.

"Damn I'm sorry—you lost your balance?" Onika heard and Beyoncé watched Onika freeze. Onikas body language changed.

She looked up at the guy who nudged her—him and his friends were snickering and Beyoncé was confused.

Who was this guy? Beyoncé assumed he was a rich asshole but the way him and Onika shared a stare for a few seconds led her to believe else-wise.

"Oh my god—Onika is that you?" One of them asked and Onika kept quiet. "Holy fuck it is." He said looking her up and down—like he couldn't believe it was her.

"I deeply apologize. Is this how you're spending you're summer? I didn't even think you were alive." He said and Beyoncé started to get defensive even if it wasn't about her.

"Leave me alone." Onika mumbled and the dude put his hands up in defense while smiling.

"Ooo, watcha gonna do? Threaten me with a good time?"Onikas lip quivered.