She thinks we're cute

Slowly, the sun's rays woke her up. She had to blink slightly a few times to peer across the room and locate where she was. She was in her Malibu home, her little gypsy cave where she had always felt a sense of security. But now she was not alone.
Her hand was on bare, warm skin, an arm wrapped protectively around her. All night they had lain in this position. Her head still rested next to his and when she opened her eyes, she immediately saw him beside her. He had stayed.
She had to admit that it had surprised her a little, but at the same time she had expected nothing else from him.

Her eyes swept over his handsome face, while her hand automatically began to draw small circles on his arm. The warmth emanating from him was incredible and so special. In the past years, not many people had managed to make her feel so protected and safe. Actually, no one ever had. He was special and she had been aware of that since the very first moment.

With her eyes slightly closed again, she continued to snuggle up to him. She could smell his scent, a beguiling scent that had a typically masculine note. It enchanted her.

Under her light movement he also woke up. Slowly his eyes opened. He felt the warmth emanating from her body and how her hand was on his arm. He got goose bumps at her touch. His head moved just enough so that he could look into her eyes, which by now were open again.

When she saw his eyes, she could hardly distinguish between the color of the sea and that of his eyes. She had never seen them so brilliantly blue.

Looks like we fell asleep yesterday, huh?

Did you sleep well?

I could have slept through a tornado !

Me too.

Carefully, he lifted his arm and let go of her. Only now did it occur to him that she might be uncomfortable.

I should probably go?

His words sounded more like a question, as if he wanted confirmation from her.
Just as he slid out of bed, she propped herself up on her elbows and looked at him.

Come back to bed, 5 more minutes?

He had gotten his confirmation and smiled. He crawled back to her and lay down next to her. Immediately she slid closer to him and rested her head on his chest. His heartbeat calmed her and made her forget the excitement that had spread through her when she realized he was lying next to her.

Thank God Sarah isn't here!

He stopped the movement of his hand, with which he was drawing gentle circles on her skin.

Why?

Although she had said the sentence on purpose, and she had known that he would ask, it was a little embarrassing to say it.

She's shippin' us.

You mean she thinks we're cute?

Uhumm.

She nodded. Despite the fact that she couldn't see his face, she knew he was smiling.

Can I tell you a secret?

This time it was her who smiled. She turned her head a little so that she could see him.

I think so too. I think we're cute together, very cute.

Both his heart and hers sped up a little.

Really?

I think so, yeah.

Oh my god.

Her voice got a little hoarse and she sat up.

What? Did I scare you off that much? You'll still do the movie with me, right?

Are you kidding? You didn't scare me off!

All right, then.

He patted the spot next to him where she had been just a few seconds ago.

Come back here.

She still had a shocked look on her face, but snuggled up to him again.

I meant the words I said to you the other day.

You did?

She nodded wordlessly. For a brief moment, silence fell. Neither of them said a word. It was a little awkward until Bradley lifted her chin with one finger and suddenly kissed her. Her eyes closed immediately. Small electrical impulses were sent through their bodies and a tingling sensation was triggered. It was sweet, a kiss full of love. At some point when they ran out of air, their lips parted a little. There still wasn't much space between them, but they weren't touching anymore.

You do know we need to talk about this?

She looked a little embarrassed and still had her eyes closed when she said those words.

That was a beautiful first kiss.

That's not what I meant!

But it's the truth.

He laughed, but she didn't find it funny at all.

Bradley, we can't! We can't, as cheesy as that sounds now-

Why shouldn't we be allowed to kiss, huh?

Because you have a girlfri-

No, we broke up a few months ago already. She's okay with it and as far as I know you're without a partner right now too.

Her eyes shot to his.

Are you serious?

Yes.

This time it was her who grabbed his face and decided to kiss him. It was even more amazing now.