Strange Noise

The house was silent. You could only hear Bradley's light snoring. He was cuddled up in their huge bed with Stefani. An arm was wrapped around her body and lay on her stomach as she slept peacefully on his chest. She slowly opened her eyes. She heard something and her subconscious reacted to it. She didn't know what happened and smiled at Bradley. Carefully she put her hand on his and looked at his sleeping body. Suddenly there was a loud bang. She immediately sat up and looked around the room. It cracked again. Panic and fear spread through her body. She quickly shook his shoulder.

Bradley!

Her voice was hoarse and she just whispered instead of screaming. He pulled her body closer to him and smiled. A little grumble came from his mouth.

Bradley, wake up!

What's happening?

I'm scared!

He immediately sat down in bed and looked at her with concern.

What happened? Are you all right? Is it starting?

We're fine, but I think there's someone downstairs.

The bang sounded again. Bradley looked around the room, got up and looked at the surveillance cameras. A large screen hung in the bedroom, where various areas of the house were monitored by video.

I can't see anyone.

Stefani pressed her body against his and held his arm tight.

Everything will be alright, honey!

He put on longer pants and went to the door.

You stay here and I go to check.

You're not going out there now! What if it's someone with a gun?

Stef, it's 3 in the morning. Nobody can be here. The alarm system is also off.

He looked for a hard object in the room.

Do you have something- the baseball bat, perfect! Good thing you have it under your bed!

Gaga looked at him in confusion.

You won't leave me here! Not alone!

Stef! You don't even have a weapon or something ?!

She thought for a moment and then went to the bathroom. A towel rack was attached to the wall by her sink.

You can't-

When he tried to explain to her that she would never get a bracket out of the wall, she rumbled once and she had the pole in her hand. Bradley stared at her with wide eyes and she just smiled.

Eh, how? I don't think you need anything, just hit his face and he'll fall to the floor.

Just because I'm small and I look fat right now, doesn't mean I'm not strong! No for real, I told you already two weeks ago this isn't  screwed tight anymore.

They both went out of the safe bedroom and locked the door. Bradley went forward slowly and held the baseball bat in position.

Stay behind me

They searched the entire top floor, but found nothing noticeable.

Great guard dogs!

Both stopped in front of the basket of the three frechies. Asia lay on her back and snored. Not even an ear moved when the strange sound was heard again.

Baby, I think it comes from the kitchen?

He nodded to her. They sneaked down the grand stairs like ninjas. Bradley stopped and put a finger on his lips to show her that she should be quiet. They heard a soft sound, a sort of rummaging or rummaging.

You stay here and I go to the kitchen. Let me check the location first.

But-

No Stef! It's too dangerous for both of you! I'll call you when the air is clear!

Wait!

She pressed her lips against his and put all her energy into this kiss.

I love you! We love you! Be careful!

He smiled at her.

I love you too, but relax, nothing will happen to me!

He kissed her again and then went slowly into the kitchen. He carefully opened the door and peered inside. The whole room looked like a mess. There were pots everywhere, a few pieces of broken glass and bowls. The rubbish was scattered all over the place and even the fridge door was wide open. Bradley looked at the patio door that was a crack open. He walked slowly into the kitchen and approached the chaos. The baseball bat was firmly in his hands. Suddenly a small creature scurried over his foot and he screamed.
Stefani could no longer just stand there and do nothing. When she suddenly heard his scream, she quickly ran into the kitchen.

Bradley!

The man sat on the floor and watched something.

What is hap -

She turned on the light and saw who had made all the mess. There are four little furry creatures. Bradley turned to her.

Don't worry, it's just a little raccoon family. Mom, dad and two kids.

Owww, how cute!

She immediately dropped the towel rack, crouched, and held out a hand.

How cute are they!

Bradley looked at her a little horrified as she simply stroked the wild animals.

Stefani no! They could have rabies or bite you! Remember you are-

Pregnant , I know. B, they are lovely! They don't do anything!

Her head turned back to a smaller raccoon. She stroked the little animal's belly.

Are you hungry?! Should mommy make you something to eat ?! Mommy makes you something to eat!

The raccoons seemed to understand what she was saying and remained seated. Bradley was amazed at what was happening. He quickly helped her tidy up the kitchen and, as she had said, got an old blanket. Stefani prepared a large bowl of all kinds of things.

Enjoy the meal!

Bradle was still speechless when he saw the animals eating out of the pot.

B, we can't leave them in the cold!

Stef, as much as I love you, but you don't want to let raccoons sleep here in the house?

No, but in the stable? Please! ??

A baby climbed onto her shoulder and snuggled up to her neck. Bradley rolled her eyes.

You know that I can't say no to you! They seem to love you, well, who doesn't.

Thanks B! I love you!

She hugged him and one raccoon baby did the same. It imitated her and stretched out his arms. Bradley kissed Stefani on the forehead and stroked the animal.
They went to the stable with the small family and built a small bed. They immediately snuggled into the warm blanket and straw.

Good night you sweeties!

A parent raccoon yawned and lay protectively around the babies. When Stefani and Bradley left the barn, they went hand in hand.

Soon we will have a small family too

Like the raccoons.

Like the raccoons!

She smiled at him. Bradley's eyes looked at her body and stuck to her little baby ball.

I already love our family and honestly I can't wait anymore!

Our flesh and blood, our baby! Still surreal, but beautiful! I love you!