Reading your mind

Bradley you are- you are amazing!

He smiled at her as she held onto his arm and looked at him.

That last scene, I was almost afraid of you, Stan Carlisle.

Only almost?

He raised an eyebrow as they continued walking through the dark streets of New York. They were in a not really active and pretty clean district, alone.

Was that supposed to be a prompt?

She shrugged, a disinterested expression on her face.

Maybe?

All at once he pushed her against the nearest wall of the house. The cold stones pressed against her only delicately covered back, sending an additional shiver down her body. She was surprised by his sudden action, but played along. One of his large hands squeezed her wrists above her head, also pressed against the wall.

Are you saying I'm not even a little bit scary?

He stood very close to her. She could feel his breath on her face, he was that close. His voice had deepened and the last words were almost whispered. For a brief moment his eyes wandered to her lips, then back to her eyes.

Yes, just as you can't read minds!

She whispered her words back. In the distant background a few sirens could be heard, the typical sounds you heard when you were in New York.
His other hand, which was propped against the wall next to her head, got tangled in her hair.

Oh little girl, you have no idea! I know more about you than you think!

You sure?

Her Italian accent was back.

Mmmm.

He let his finger slide down her cheek.

You are a beautiful soul, so hurt, but so brave at the same time. All you want is to be loved, but maybe you already are?

She freed herself from his grip and stopped his hand. Her grip was harder than anyone expected. He swallowed, but never broke eye contact with her.

Is she?

If she knew how much ...

He was about to kiss her, but at that moment she avoided him.

That's not convincing!

This time her Italian accent was even more noticeable.

Ouh Patrizia is back again, huh?

Yes and someone has to watch his words, be very carefully now. Otherwise ...

She stuck her thumb out and dragged it along her throat as if she were slitting it.
He looked around to see if there were other people on the street, but they were alone. The only light came from a couple of streetlights a few feet away.
Before she could react, he pulled her by her hand into the next alley. It was a dead end, a small alley where garbage cans were parked in the back corner.

What are you trying to prove to yourself hmm?

His eyes wandered over her pretty features, which were dimly lit.

Maybe that I have more power than you think?

Oh I know how much power you have!

You do?

His lips were slightly parted and his eyes almost closed. He nodded very slightly, so that you could hardly notice it.

If you are so clever, then tell me what I want.

She tilted her head to the other side, he did the same. His hands were on her waist, holding her in place.

I don't know -

Her lips curled in a triumphant smile.

- if it would be too selfish to say, me!

She raised her eyebrows as she heard the hoarse words coming out of his mouth.

Somebody's pretty sure of himself!

His head fell back a bit, creating a little space between them.

But also damn right!

She reached into his hair and finally pulled him to her so that their lips met for a long-awaited kiss. Their mouths melted together as her small hand rested on his chest. His hands slid down to her legs that all at once he lifted her up and pressed her harder against the wall to deepen the kiss. Due to lack of air, their lips parted and he started sucking on her neck, leaving small marks.
All at once, they both startled and abruptly opened their eyes. There was a bang as a cat had jumped on one of the garbage cans. Carefully, he lowered her back to the ground.

Let's go home.

He was still a little out of breath, so he only managed a grumble.
She straightened her black dress and then walked back along the normal sidewalk. He was close behind her when he found his voice again. He leaned forward, to her ear, so that only she could hear him.

I want you to show me how you shot the scene in the movie. What you did there.

With a mischievous grin, she turned around. She certainly didn't need to ask which scene he meant.

___________
I have the feeling this sucks, but who cares. It was in my mind so I wrote it down. 😂🤌