Berlin

It's ok, Lea stays with the nanny and she sleeps anyway. We deserve some time together!

I just hate to leave her behind, B!

I know, but she's sleeping. She won't even notice.

You sure?

Yes, Stef. Don't worry about it.

They got dressed and left their hotel room inconspicuously. They had landed in Germany only the day before yesterday because an old friend had invited them to a concert at the Berlin Philharmonie. Bradley needed some impressions for his new film project and gratefully accepted the offer.
The two walked hand in hand through the busy streets of Berlin.
The restaurants and pubs were full with people sitting and talking. The city glowed with the brightest colors and it smelled like a mixture of food and exhaust fumes.

It's so beautiful here, different from LA or New York, but I like it.

It's definitely different, interesting.

I love this country, for some reason.

She laughed lightly and tightened her grip around his hand.

Hmm what do you say we go out to eat? I found a nice restaurant. I think you'll like it.

His eyes sparkled as he looked at her.

Yes?

It's not far. Only about 10 minutes walk.

You are so cute!

She clasped his whole arm and leaned her head against him as she walked.

I'm glad we can finally spend some time together. All alone, like two normal people.

It feels good, doesn't it? No cameras, no one to take pictures. Nothing to think about.

Well, we'll probably get rid of that point soon.

He smiled at her.

I am so nervous. I'm happy, but I'm nervous.

Don't be, I'm here.

I know and it will be wonderful when you're there too.

It's going to be exhausting, we'll have to sleep on the plane, I think.

She grinned at him and then looked at the floor.

What is it? What's wrong Stef, huh?

If this flight is anything like the one we had when we got here, we're not going to get much sleep at all.

I mean, when you think you're too warm in the middle of the night and have to take off your sweater ...

Her eyes sparkled.

I didn't mean to, and most of all, I didn't think you'd be so-.

I would be so what?

That you would be so needy.

When it comes to you, I'm always like that!

He put his hand on hers and noticed it was cold.

Wait.

He stopped and she did the same.

What are you doing?

He unbuttoned his jacket and put it over her shoulders.

Here, you're all cold!

But now you're cold?

No, I'm fine.

She quickly snuggled into his jacket. It smelled like him and she loved it.

You're a real gentleman, B.

He stopped again and turned to her. His hands found their way to the collar of his jacket, where he pulled her closer. His clothes were far too big for her and made her look even smaller.

I love you.

He kissed her. They both smiled during the kiss.

I love you too.

Bradley kissed her again, this time pulling her even closer.

I don't think we'll get to that restaurant today!

He made her giggle, which made him laugh too. Their lips were still very close and he was just waiting for her to stop laughing so he could kiss her again.
He was so addicted to her. They had been together for several years, but that didn't stop him or her from still playing with fire and falling more and more in love with each other.
At that moment it just felt so good to be able to kiss in public, to just be normal.

You know what I also saw when I was out with Gustavo for a little while this morning? Come on I'm gonna show you something.

His blue eyes stared into hers for a moment as he gave her one last kiss and then pulled her with him. Already behind the next corner they met a small stand with sweets. It smelled like cotton candy, roasted almonds and gingerbread.

Here in Germany they sell gingerbread hearts, I was told.

He took a gingerbread heart and paid for it, came back and hung it around her like a necklace.

I guess it's common here when there's a festival somewhere there are these things and you buy it for your sweetheart.

She looked at the heart and read
"I love you!"

You are really too good! What did I do to deserve you!

He shook his head and pulled her in for another kiss.

This is all you!

The lady from the candy stand clapped and said something. They didn't understand a word, but they could see from her reaction that she was excited and had said nice words to them.

Can we take one for Lea too? And you need one as well!

He smiled.

Can we get the one with with a blue frosting, with I love you on it?

She pointed to the heart and Stefani nodded.

And this little pink one, please. Thank you so much!

The Lady got the two hearts and gave them to her.

Thank you so much! Have a nice evening!

She put the blue heart around Bradleys neck.

I think now we're good. It's such a sweet gesture!

I automatically had to think of you when they told me about this little "tradition".

______________

Heyyy.👋 I thought about this for a while. I think this little "tradition" is really adorable. Everyone here probably already got a gingerbread heart from their loves or family, it's such a cute little gesture and it was perfect for them. It's not typical for Berlin, you can find these things everywhere in Germany, whenever there is a festival or something to celebrate. A little reality added to a lot of fantasy, haha.😂😂 Hope you like it.