As long as it's her

It was almost 1 a.m. when the plane took off. I had to carry her halfway to her seat because she was so tired. I admire her for that, I really do. A world tour for three months and if that wasn't enough, now there's this blatant heat moving through the country. I was just so happy to be able to accompany her on this trip. Of course, I had a lot on my plate myself, but it's my girl and I definitely didn't want to leave her alone the whole time.

She had been asleep since we were in the air. She looked so cute in my big hoodie. It was warm, but when she's tired she always gets cold really fast, so I had given her my sweater to put it over. I could see the glow in her eyes very clearly as she put the piece of fabric on. Now those beautiful eyes were closed, recovering from that exhausting day.
Her head was leaning on my shoulder, she held my arm tightly and pressed against my body. I enjoyed this feeling of closeness, I always did. I was so proud of her and what she was doing. Even though she was very fragile at times she was still so strong. We both had a hard time in our lives and we both knew what it was like to feel insecure and weak. But we both also knew that when we are together we can become the strongest. I truly believe that our love brings us more than just a good time. What does a relationship mean to others, you feel in love, that tingle in your stomach, you strengthen your back and are there for each other. Maybe for most it is even just physical contact and closeness, I don't know. I just know that our relationship is not a normal one. Our love has ensured that both she and I have come out of this black hole ourselves. We have healed each other. We are not only there for each other, we are much more than that. This deep understanding and connection we have with each other, I never even dreamed of feeling something like this.
It is one thing if you can say you know your partner, you know what the favorite flowers, favorite book or favorite movie is. That might be nice and thoughtful, but just because of that you don't know a person.
With Stefani and me it's different. We really know each other, she knows every single detail about me and I think I about her too.

We two don't need words to understand each other or to talk. One look into her eyes is enough to know how she feels. A touch of my hand is already enough to stop her shaking and calm her down. A simple grin from her is enough to make my still dark world shine again. The feeling and sound of her heart beating is enough to make the nightmares disappear and I can calmly go back to sleep. One look into my eyes was enough for her to know that I am with her and no matter what, will do everything for her.

The moment I saw her then, I knew that we were meant to be. Fate had somehow brought us together and wanted us together. Things that belong together come together. I can still remember the look my mother gave me at that time. I really seem to be quite transparent when it comes to Stefani, but I just can't help it. This woman, now thankfully MY girl, has changed me. Don't misunderstand, but she brings out all the good parts of me and for that I am very grateful. She has given my life meaning again, something I lost a very long time ago. She has written in countless songs that I have found her light again, which she could never have found. Maybe I did, but she found mine too.

I am truly so infinitely grateful to her and love her with all my heart. No one can imagine how much and how big this love is. I would do anything for her, anything at all.

As we sit there on the plane waiting to arrive in the Netherlands, I gently brush a strand of hair from her face. She looks so infinitely cute as she sleeps happily and contentedly.
I can feel that look Sarah and Freddie give me from across the room.
I love these two friends of hers because they are true friends. No matter when, they are always there for her and they really only want the best for her. By now we are very good friends ourselves and they have become like a second family.
They both have a grin on their face, this pure happiness to see us like this is literally bubbling out of them.

At that moment, Stefani moves a little and blinks at me through sleepy eyes. She smiles as she looks at me and I swear to god it is the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

Good morning Stef.

Her eyes closed again as she stretched a little.

What time is it?

Almost 2 o'clock. We should be landing in about 30 minutes.

Her eyes were back on mine and I saw pure happiness deep inside them.

Then I slept for most of the flight, sorry.

Why sorry?

She giggles a little and shrugged her shoulders.

Probably because I used you as a pillow.

Her grin was infectious, so I felt the corners of my mouth turn up in my face as well.

I like being your pillow!

And that was true. I loved it when we cuddled. Sometimes I just needed her in my arms to make up for all the things in this world, to be happy again.
She wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her chin on my chest to look at me from below. I pressed my forehead against hers, enjoying the moment, until she pulled back briefly and looked at my lips. Our mouths met.

If I'm honest I still don't have words to describe that feeling. I just know that it makes us both happy, happier than we've ever been before.

I felt her hand in my neck as she played with my hair. It always reminded me of the kiss in the movie, a time I will never forget. At that time out relationship was still so fresh and we had to find out everything. It was a difficult time, but still one of the best times in my life. With A Star is born, we both have fulfilled a dream in our lives and at the same time a few more, because we found each other. Now we sit here together in the plane, on the way to her next concert on her world tour and gave the others almost a show. I did not care as long as it was her by my side.

I love you!

And I love you, B!